Eversource Energy Senior Project Manager, AMI, AMI Process Optimization (Hybrid) in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will capture and consolidate business requirements and operational processes from stakeholders across Eversource for the highly visible multi stakeholder Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solution of meters, communications and data management systems. Individual will support the various project teams responsible for the configuration, integration and testing of the AMI systems and the deployment of the AMI field technology to ensure compliance with the business requirements and business processes. Individual will ensure training and organizational change management (OCM) for all the impacted stakeholders. Individual will establish an AMI Capabilities Roadmap to ensure the achievement of the regulatory-committed business benefits and maximize the use of the AMI solution. Primary duties include overall responsibility for the management of the Grid Modernization Portfolio of projects utilizing the AMI solution. Individual will represent operations functions in support of process redesign for all meter-to-cash processes impacted by AMI systems. Individual will be the advocate for additional uses of the AMI solution across Eversource. Additional duties include supporting the procurement event for Engineering, Design, Construction and materials in accordance with company policies. This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full time in the office.
- Manage the portfolio of Use Cases and Business Requirements and the AMI Capabilities Roadmap
- Establish benefits and returns to gain approval of new projects using the AMI solution.
- Establish technical and business requirements (including OCM and training requirements for new projects.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare reporting to identify financial risk profiles and mitigation requirements.
- Responsible to ensure projects and programs are completed safely, efficiently, on time and within the established budgets.
- Work closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal, Regulatory Relations, Siting, Environmental, Procurement, Communications and other business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrate and manage a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles andresponsibilities.
- Manage project contractors and/or vendors to ensure work is completed in compliance with the jobspecifications.Review/approve contractor and vendor timesheets and/or invoices and ensure compensation is correct and made in a timely manner.
- Manage the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change controlmethodology.
- Coordinate the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
- Manage the development of a comprehensive needs assessment.
- Manage the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budget and schedule.
- Manage execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
- Manage the development of new products or systems using the AMI solution and data.
- Manage the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction, commissioning and material procurement.
- Provide clear, concise and comprehensive project status reports to management.
- Provide constructive feedback to other members of the project group.
- Ensure that all aspects of the assigned projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- The individual must exhibit and utilize Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices with a focus on process design and optimization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering(preferred).
- 10 to 12 years of experience, including at least five (5) years of experience managing projects and familiarity with Project Management methodologies required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the utility industry is highlydesirable.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management Profession (PMP) desirable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position starts at $156,330 to $173,700, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed in office environments which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office and work areas.
- This position will require visiting multiple office locations on a regular basis.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs