Eversource Energy Senior Engineer - LNG in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The Senior Engineer acts as project leader and/or carries out assignments requiring mastery of subject matter and extensive experience associated with the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas systems and facilities. Manages a portfolio of projects across a regional service territory that includes multiple plant facilities. Analyzes system and customer needs and recommends/develops specific projects for implementation. Organizes and leads project teams delegated to their authority.
As a senior engineer - LNG, acts as project leader and/or carries out assignments requiring mastery of subject matter and extensive experience associated with the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of liquified natural gas (LNG) systems and installations. Manages a portfolio of projects across multiple facilities. Analyzes system and customer needs and recommends/develops specific projects for implementation. Organizes and leads project teams delegated to their authority.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with full latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Plant systems include, but are not limited to; gas pretreatment, liquefaction, boil off gas handling, cryogenic tank storage, plant utilities, firewater, low and medium voltage electrical systems and plant control systems.
- Performs site layouts and prepares necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procures materials and equipment. Coordinates in-house and contract labor.
- Prepare projects for bid, schedules and conducts bid meetings. Evaluates bids and initiates award of purchase orders.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Coordinate construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments.
- Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Provide technical support and ensure compliance with field procedures, coordinates with Plant Operation and oversee project startup or retirement activities. Redesign and initiates field changes as necessary.
Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity. Monitors and provides reports on project and departmental budgets. Provides variances from scheduled and cost targets as required.
Mentors junior staff, reviews their work, provides direction or assistance to drive standardization and success in their projects/assignments.
- Reviews and interprets applicable federal, state, and local regulations and industry codes. Insures all work complies with applicable codes.
- Recognize and evaluate unsafe project, work, and environmental conditions. Initiate and/or design and implement corrective actions.
Evaluate opportunities to utilize alternative technology in pursuit of cost reduction, increased production, and reduced environmental impact.
Provides financial support to upper management for budget development and cost tracking. Develop and present project summaries as required.
- Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design or recommend changes to existing gas piping systems.
- Implements and monitors gas compliance programs that include corrosion control and leak surveys.
- Assists in gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrated excellence in project leadership, coordination, and budget management tasks. Strong ability to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) and follow schematic drawings. Ability to understand basic thermodynamics and cryogenic fundamentals as they relate to LNG. Extensive knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal regulations and industry codes. Thorough knowledge of computer applications systems. Demonstrated thorough knowledge of job duties and responsibilities and gas operating procedures. Self-motivated and acts independently with minimum oversight. Excellent interpersonal skills. Professional level oral and written communications abilities. A demonstrated strong customer service orientation. Proven leadership ability.
E ducation: Bachelor’s degree in engineering
Experience: Eight (8) plus years of directly related experience
Licenses & Certification: Professional Engineer (PE) or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
Work is performed both in an office environment and the field. Related duties require sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs, ladders and tall structures. Work may take place outdoors during inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold. Job can require traveling to gas facilities, vendors and other locations within and outside the state.
Must have the ability to successfully complete company sponsored training programs for LNG Plant Operations, firefighting training, security training, HAZMAT training, first aid, OSHA and company specific operator qualifications.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes project management, problem solving, independent thinking, supervision, calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs