Eversource Energy Project Engineer, Engineering, Gas-(Hybrid) in Southborough, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Plans, develops, schedules, and performs engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution and pressure regulating systems, including major/complex projects. Analyzes, recommends and develops specific projects for implementation. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required. Supports values and commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values.
This is a hybrid position. The first three months are full-time in the office.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, ensuring conformance with industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities
- Performs site layouts and prepares necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procures materials and equipment, coordinates in-house and contract labor
- Prepares projects for bid, schedule and conduct bid meetings. Evaluates bids and initiates award of purchase orders; may assist with the development of capital project budget plans, estimating project costs, performing equipment analysis, etc.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes; Assists in the oversite of construction activities to ensure specification and code compliance.
Coordinates construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments
Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity; Provides financial support to upper management for budget development and cost tracking. Develops, monitors and presents reports/summaries on project and departmental budgets.
Integrates and coordinates internal and external resources necessary to ensure materials and equipment are delivered on time to complete processes or projects
- Monitors project progress and recommends schedule changes, cost and resource adjustments required to meet company objectives
- Ensures project work is conducted in a manner consistent with the Company’s safety and procurement policies and programs
- May provide direction to junior staff and review work
- Thorough knowledge of distribution construction and maintenance work practices and procedures.
Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations
Knowledge of welding and fusing principles
- Working knowledge of environmental requirements affecting related activities
- Familiarity with MS computer operations
- Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or relateddiscipline
- At least Five (5) ) years of related engineering experience
Gas experience is aplus
Compensation and Benefits: Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $106,700.00 to $118550.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs are involved.
Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and companies within and outside the state.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs