Eversource Energy Manager - Distributed Energy Resources and Technology in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-POSTED. CANDIDATES WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY.
Individual is responsible for performing electric distribution system planning activities, including developing and implementing strategies related to the deployment of distributed energy resources (DER) and technologies that actively interface and interact with the operating company’s distribution system, including but not limited to: distributed generation, emergency generation, micro-grids, battery storage, electric vehicles, meters, sensors, and communication infrastructure, and ensuring that these are deployed in a safe, reliable, resilient, and effective manner.Additional responsibilities may include load forecasting, power quality, stray voltage, grounding, harmonics and other planning and performance engineering studies and activities as required. The individual will also represent Eversource on business related committees, engineering societies, joint study groups and industry standards as needed.
- Responsibilities include market and best practices research and subject matter expertise in DER and emerging distribution technologies. This includes development of risk analysis and mitigation approaches that will ensure the resiliency and reliability of the distribution system. Individual is also responsible for ensuring DER is interconnected and deployed according to the applicable regulatory guidelines and standards. In addition, the individual will also collaborate with the appropriate legislative, rates, and regulatory departments to develop strategies as they relate to distributed energy resources and technology.
- Individual will also lead and manage a team of employees and will provide necessary coaching and mentoring to achieve high performance and employee engagement, and facilitate the achievement of company goals.
- Works with management and corporate teams to provide direction and support in the development of strategies and tactics, plans, and programs related to the integration of distributed energy resources and technology across the EVERSOURCE enterprise.
- Develop and implement the appropriate strategies that deploy DER, technology, and DMS integrated within our distribution system that are safe, reliable, and increase the resiliency of the distribution system across the EVERSOURCE enterprise.
- Responsible for operating company’s distribution system performance and establishing long term strategy for continuous improvement.
- Forecasts load on the applicable distribution system and provide input for capital budget projections.
- Assimilates regulatory business knowledge (FERC/State regulatory decisions, desires, etc.) in order to derive a Five-Ten Year Distribution Plan. Provides appropriate input into the Eversource strategy.
- Plans and directs studies to assure a reliable, cost effective, and efficient distribution system to meet customer needs while meeting regulatory requirements
- Plans and directs studies of distribution system design, including the economic use of equipment - capacitors, regulators, transformers, and other equipment.
- Responsible to insure a consistent approach to the planning for expansion and enhancement of the Distribution system is followed and that sound engineering judgment is used when recommending construction projects.
- Monitor key performance indicators toward achievement of goals. Identify trends, and take appropriate actions to implement effective actions to improve performance.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholder to develop strategies related to customer technology that will result in effective energy legislation, regulations and tariffs across the EVERSOURCE enterprise.
- Identify appropriate site locations on the EVERSOURCE distribution system for more efficient and effective deployment of distributed generation, storage and micro-grid technology.
- Provides leadership in the development of technical guidelines and standards.
- Develop processes to ensure that distributed energy resources and technology interfacing with the distribution system is installed in accordance with company and industry standards and guidelines.
- Participate in development of strategies, models, data analysis, supporting materials and testimony including testifying at regulatory proceedings.
- Develop strategic working relationships and act as technical liaison on behalf of the company with various internal and external organizations, regulatory agencies, vendors and contractors related to the initiatives.
- Monitor and control projects in order to ensure customer satisfaction, profitability and risk mitigation.
- Develop plans to ensure that processes reflect changes in technology, customer needs, best practices, economic and political environment and regulatory requirements.
- Provide staff with the necessary skills and resources to complete projects and manage initiatives.
- Develop and implement processes, including defining measurable goals, standards and other process measures.
- Participate in storm restoration and emergency duty assignments, as assigned.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate persuasively both in writing and orally.
- Knowledge of the utility business model and ability to conduct analysis to evaluate business opportunities.
- Ability to stay current with developments in the industry.
- Knowledge of the customer and ability to stay current with recent customer research.
- Ability to transform insights from understanding the customer into business strategy.
- Ability to present in regulatory and legislative proceedings.
- Ability to lead, schedule, plan and manage projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to develop relationships and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to create an atmosphere that fosters teamwork among various internal and external stakeholders to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach and motivate and provide meaningful feedback to employees.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field is required. Masters degree is preferred.
Experiences: A minimum of ten (10) years of electric utility, technology, engineering experience. Must have demonstrated experience with interconnections, distributed generation and microgrid technologies. Demonstrated leadership experience is required.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor