Eversource Energy Director, Operations Business Process Improvement in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This role will responsible for leading a team of internal direct reports, internal project teams and external resources focused on improving the near-term and long-term performance of the Operations organization. This position will play a fundamental role in defining and moving the Operations organization to become a more nimble, innovative, engaged, capable and leaner organization.
The primary responsibilities of this role will focus on the following four areas: (1) Process Improvement (2) Operation’s Leadership Development (3) Employee Engagement and (4) Customer Satisfaction.
The Director Operations Process Improvement must be able to interface and influence key stakeholders both in Operations and in other shared service areas such as Supply Chain, Customer Care and Information Technology. The ability to influence – rather than direct – behavior change is a key aspect of this position.
- Direct and support process improvement activities to drive adoption, rapid change and permanent improvement
- Work in partnership with the Operations Leadership team to cascade the concept of process improvement throughout Operations so all levels of the organization embrace this concept such that process improvement begins to emerge from non-executive roles
- Support the implementation and adoption of new technologies ensuring that efficiencies and improved processes are imbedded in these solutions
- Inform and educate staff on the key behaviors of leadership and how those behaviors can be demonstrated at Eversource
- Co-develop leadership on-site and off-site meetings, bring leadership examples to officers, directors, managers and supervisors through guest speakers, internal resources who demonstrate leadership or via other channels to encourage the adoption of leadership behaviors
- In partnership with the Operations Leadership Team and HR, develop, implement and measure programs to enhance employee engagement
- Cascade the concept and behaviors of employee engagement throughout Operations so all levels of the organization embrace the concept of valuing the people and individuals in Operations so that it becomes a core value
Drive the transition of Operations from the perspective of “keeping the lights on” and “gas flowing” to an organization that recognizes that we are a service organization dependent on the goodwill and high regard of our customers to be successful
Improve the quality and quantity of communication of Operations performance information to customers through direct channels (OMS) and in-direct channels (media releases of investments in communities, etc.)
- Identify areas of poor customer satisfaction and excellent customer satisfaction to illustrate expected behaviors
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and be able to apply creativity to improve processes
- Must have attention to detail, a commitment to quality and be customer focused
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have strong time management skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or business or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred
Minimum of twelve (12) years of related experience
Experience working with all levels of an organization, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to influence behavior changes of individuals and organizations
Licenses & Certifications:
Travel is required as part of this job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, and writing, typing and communicating, including presentations to senior leaders.
Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes presenting, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, analyzing and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs