Eversource Energy Manager of Electric Field Operations (Hadley, MA) in South Hadley, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position is jointly accountable, with other Electric Operations managers, for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers.
Under general direction, the manager is responsible for the delivery of field activities for a site within a geographic region in order to carry out the operations, restoration, maintenance and construction of the electric transmission and distribution systems. Provides overhead and underground work crews on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis to execute these processes. This position oversees supervisors and multi-skilled work crews and clerical support within their site.
- Assists with the establishment and monitoring of goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the site. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement policies and practices. Monitors operating and financial objectives and ensures alignment with organization and corporate goals.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective installation, operation, maintenance, restoration and construction of the overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems for the various sites within the geographic region.
- Oversees development of site staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans. Manages, selects, coaches, and develops site staff.
- Works proactively with Community Relations to influence district, city and town leaders and civic groups to provide a local point of contact and to enhance Eversource presence in the communities.
- Assists in defining and implementing a labor relations strategy that enhances employee productivity and enables the achievement of Electric Operations service level commitments, in collaboration with Human Resources and other Electric Operations managers.
- Assists with the preparation for, and execution of, restoration efforts in collaboration with other Electric Operations managers.
- Thorough understanding of transmission and distribution issues and activities within the electric utility industry
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to effectively meet service level commitments.
- Ability to influence and lead people to assure teamwork and customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work with many different constituents, departments, and varied skilled and professional employees to resolve conflicts as needed.
- Must be able to understand strategic and tactical business issues, and effectively communicate important corporate and customer issues to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, related discipline or equivalent experience
- MS in Engineering or MBA preferred
- Ten plus years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs