Newell Brands Sourcing Manager in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Title: Sourcing Manager (SFG, Home Fragrance)
Primary Location : South Deerfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reports To: VP Procurement
Responsible for category management, while leading the development and execution of global sourcing strategies for Sourced Finished Goods (SFG) for the Home Fragrance business segment. This position will be an active driver and contributor of productivity, working capital improvements, continuity of supply, sustainability, and all other commercial needs. Major internal customers within the business include associates from Brand, R & D, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, & Quality. The position will work in collaboration with the Asia sourcing execution team to assist with supplier management activities, new product development and other ad hoc initiatives. Additionally, the Sourcing Manager will be responsible for developing and deploying best practice sourcing processes and tools for use by the strategic sourcing group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate across the sourcing organization to effectively leverage economies of scale, maximize resource efficiency and support business top and bottom line.
• Develop and execute sourcing strategies for global Home Fragrance categories that encompass the following:
o Productivity: Develop pipeline opportunities and drive timely implementation ensure delivery of annual gross productivity targets
o Direct Negotiations & Market Events: including but not limited to market driven negotiation, benchmark leverage, geographical optimization, dual sourcing, tier 2 supplier management
o SFG Supplier Assessments: New supplier qualification, financial health assessments, capability verification
o Working capital improvements: Payment terms extensions and/or discounts, Lead time optimization, inventory reductions
o Supply Chain Optimization: MOQ reduction, shipping optimization, stocking program or VMI implementation
o Sustainability - Coordinate activities to support Newell Sustainability initiatives related to Sourced Finished Goods
• Responsible for commercial activities with designated suppliers including but not limited to the following:
o Contract Management
o Annual Negotiations
o Supplier Performance Management
o RFX Activities
o Product Development Support
o Regulatory Compliance Support
o Social Compliance Support
• Works well with minimal supervision in a mutually supportive, collaborative, fast-paced team environment
• Plans, organizes, and influences the efforts of domestic and global suppliers as well as a variety of internal functional groups within the organization
• 5-7 years of Sourced Finished Goods sourcing experience or demonstrated performance managing a comparable scope of responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) required. Supply Chain, Business, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of managing and developing individuals and teams by utilizing an objective-based management system and driving change where necessary.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering productivity and other measurable results within SFG categories
• Global Sourced Finished Good sourcing experience in consumer products or commodities is preferred
• Must have excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Must be highly motivated and able to drive results independently and as part of a team
• Able and willing to do international travel for business.
• Oracle experience a plus
• Bi-lingual (Mandarin) also a plus
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs