Newell Brands Director Sales Planning - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Director Sales Planning
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
The Director Sales Planning will be responsible to develop and implement strategies to increase distribution, sales, and profit for the Home Fragrance Division. The Director will be accountable for preservation of existing business and creation of new business opportunities working with the Sales Teams. Maintains and develops sales strategies to make sure sales executes against the proper strategies
· Translate business strategy into marketplace activities with understanding of underlying financials including ROI
· Partner with Finance to Define trade and funding guidelines and budgets by accounts
Lead the Annual Planning process and develop calendar of activities for the Home Fragrance Division
Work closely with the category management team to make recommendations in order to optimize performance of shelf set, such as optimal SKU assortment, merchandising and shelf layout.
Guide the plan with the Sales Teams including promotional programs, such as in-store merchandising signage or displays, retailer feature ads, events (trade shows), and channel-specific marketing support materials.Ensures consistency with brand guidelines and point of sale.
Recommend pricing perspective and guidelines. Analyzes account pricing and distribution for Newell and competitive brands.
Analyze customer promotional pricing and pricing activity in line with programming requirements and cost-to-serve, to ensure they are within Brand pricing guardrails.
Compile and analyze market, shopper and end-user knowledge gaps and creates a summary for the business to review.
Gather competitive and marketplace intelligence and share with the organization, ultimately constructing a competitive profile and comp shop analysis.
Support new product launch and merchandising initiatives.
Manage and Guide forecast tools.
· Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
· 8+ years’ related experience working with CPG Industry
· Ability to develop and manage budgets and programs
· Strong negotiation skills
· Superior communication, presentation and people skills
· Excellent time management, and people management.
· Strong Computer skills (e.g., Excel/Word--Microsoft Office Suite)
· Knowledge of retail accounts, market characteristics, competitive environment, growth opportunities.