Pep Boys Store Manager in Somerville, Massachusetts
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Plans and directs the day-to-day operations of an Auto Plus retail store which sells replaceable parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles. Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability. Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. Hires and manages store personnel. The Store Manager III has a budgeted revenue of $2-3 million annually.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attain store monthly and annual performance objectives.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities.
- Select, hire, develop, performance manage, coach, schedule, engage and train store team members.
- Coach all team members to deliver on customer expectations.
- Protect and maintain the security of store assets.
- Ensure execution of all inventory and operational standards.
- Manage toward a positive cash flow by achieving sales forecast, managing payroll costs (including controlling overtime) and controlling operating expenses.
- Ensure customer accounts are collected. Inform accounts receivable of any issues.
- Work closely with the sales department in promotions, SPIFFs, displays and other marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers. Handle customer complaints effectively and positively. Call on customers as necessary.
- Manage the physical appearance of stock and stores.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures while instilling the company vision, mission and values into the daily work processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities**
- High school diploma required.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in business administration, marketing, operations or similar is preferred.
- 3-5 years of management experience in aftermarket auto parts sales.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license that meets the criteria under company policy.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Reporting: Regional Market Director
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Retail
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 10267
Location Name: AP MA Somerville-10267