National Grid Lead Splicer in Somerset, Massachusetts
As part of National Grid’s continued commitment to safety, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason can request a reasonable accommodation.
Position Lead Splicer
Pay Rate $55.44
Direct and coordinate crew assignments in all applicable National Grid safety rules, construction standards, System policies, work methods, productivity, and quality of workmanship.
Perform all duties as a Splicer 1/C.
May be required to handle substances considered hazardous.
Follow all National Grid environmental policies.
Direct and train underground lines crew personnel.
Maintain various records and procure all stock as needed.
Install and remove common meters on single-phase services as required.
Assume overall responsibility for crew productivity, safety, and knowledge of the job.
Be capable to act as Field Control Authority and assume responsibility for Red Tags.
• Be proficient as a Splicer 1/C as demonstrated by proficiency, testing and past performance appraisals.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively lead.
• Be thoroughly familiar with all Safety Standards.
• Retain appropriate qualifications on the National Grid Switching and Tagging list.
• Be thoroughly familiar with all Construction, Operating, and Maintenance Standards, and Safety Standards and Procedures.
• Be proficient with the use of electronic devices and maintain various records, reports, and forms regarding payroll, materials used, and condition of plant, tools, and equipment.
• Demonstrate the ability to properly operate vehicles, tools, and equipment assigned to the department.
• Furnish an acceptable means of off-hour contact by telephone.
• Retain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, which does not restrict driving as to type of transmission or hours of operation.
• Must maintain a DOT health certificate and a System hoisting certificate.
Note: To qualify, candidates must show proficiency in the above qualifications.
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.