Charles River Laboratories Account Manager - Territory NY in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Account Manager - Territory NY
Req ID #: 108891
Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 US Catskill, NY, US, 12414
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking anAccount Manager for ourMicrobial Solutionsbusiness unit located in the NY Territory. The Account Manager will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets for assigned region for all Charles River product and services into commercial accounts in a designated geographical region.
The following are responsibilities related to theAccount Manager:
• Work with internal teams (TMDM, PM, Management, etc.) to increase market share and revenue at assigned accounts.
• With direction from management, generate account-specific sales strategies to sell all company products and services.
• Work with management to prepare and provide accurate account forecasts for assigned accounts/territories when required by management.
• Develop and qualify account leads through frequent customer contact and prospecting.
• Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company products and services.
• Communicate available product and services and inform customers of new products and services in a timely manner.
• Handle initial inquires and qualify all prospective opportunities.
• Effectively utilize CRM (SFDC) to capture customer information to included but not limited to accurate pipelines and effective opportunity management and activity documentation.
• Work closely with the specialist sales staff to ensure that the customer has a cohesive and responsive team throughout the sales process
• Proficient in knowledge of competitor profiles and is able to develop positioning to influence potential customers.
• Consistently achieve all revenue targets
• Proficient in selling the entire portfolio of Microbial Solutions Products and Services.
• Complete all required sales documentation in a timely manner.
• Participate in sales meetings and trade shows as required.
• Share customer problems/concerns with all appropriate departments for quality resolution.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Prepare and implement a comprehensive territory management plan to indicate target opportunities, potential new accounts, expansion of existing accounts and an analysis of competitor accounts.
• Participate in and provide feedback to internal Pilot teams.
• Lead customer and internal webinars/trainings.
• Lead Sales meeting sessions and participate through presentations, etc.
• Participate in internal development program as requested. Options include mentoring program, specialization of brand knowledge, marketing, key account management or sales leadership project participation.
• Participate in internal beta testing applications if applicable.
• Coordinate events within your territory to generate new leads and opportunities.
• Completed Challenger Sales Training and effectively applies it to their sales strategy and communication with potential customers.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences, sales or related discipline.
• Experience: Minimum 5 years experience, preferably in life science industry.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license required.
• Other: Excellent communication and presentation skills. Proficient in the use of standard office computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail).
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs