Salem Five Bank Digital Communications Associate (Chat/Email Servicing) in Salem, Massachusetts
Salem, MA, USA
**Digital Communications Associate
Department: Digital Delivery & Support - Contact Center
Reports To: Customer Experience Manager-CC
Understanding that all divisions of the company work together for one common purpose – to deliver a consistently distinctive customer experience to all customers. All employees must have knowledge of Salem Five’s products, services and digital banking tools and are able to provide consultative services to those utilizing them.
The Digital Communication Associate is a key role within the Contact Center focused on providing exceptional service to Salem Five Consumer and Business customers in line with the banks’ multi-channel service strategy. Primary responsibilities involve communicating with customers and prospects via our digital channels including chat, email, and secure messaging. The Digital Communication Associate is expected to be highly proficient in several key areas of the Salem Five Customer Experience;
- Written and verbal customer service skills across multiple communication channels
- Consumer/Business deposit and loan product offerings
- Digital Technology (includes online banking & mobile platforms)
- Complete and well-rounded customer service skills
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Systems proficiency and navigation
- Referrals to other bank divisions and cross-selling of products and services (no cold calling)
- Strong advocacy for the Salem Five brand and customers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following; however other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide an outstanding Customer Experience to Salem Five customers and prospects via digital channels including chat, email and online banking (primary) as well as via other channels (secondary)
- Ability to support the departments’ efforts to deliver an exceptional customer experience… no matter what it takes
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salem Five’s products and digital technology offering
- Proficient with mobile technology/platforms/devices, personal computing systems, apps, and email/messaging platforms
- Proficient utilizing desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Exchange)
- Embrace new and emerging technologies to support operations and customers through flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt to change
- Contributor to the training of new Customer Service personnel
- Keep up to date on current Contact Center procedures and policies
- Work as team within the Contact Center and across Salem Five Bank; Collaborate. Communicate. Support.
- Identifies and reports fraud or suspected fraud occurrences. Is continuously aware of fraud engineering threats and knows what action to take to protect customers and the Bank.
- Demonstrates compliance with banking laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to the position.
- Demonstrates regular attendance, punctuality, and flexibility in meeting Contact Center staffing needs.
- Assumes additional responsibilities including projects, testing, training, etc. as requested
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's or Bachelor’s degree and/or 1-2 years experience in a banking/financial services and/or customer service preferred
Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Windows applications and exceptional keyboarding skills strongly preferred in addition to demonstrated ability to navigate the Internet and in-house systems quickly and effectively.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and core values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Interpersonal Skills - A strong collaborator with customers and co-workers; focuses on responding to customer inquiries professionally; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral & Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Understands basics of the business and related implications of decisions.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics or customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Ability and capability to use keyboard and computer/laptop and internet is essential. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With a rich history and a strong reputation for growth, service and innovation, Salem Five offers employees a sense of stability and pride. Salem Five also offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package including health insurance and matching 401k plan. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and application online at salemfive.com/careers or mail your resume to Human Resources, 210 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: September 15, 2020