J&J Family of Companies Product Development Engineer, Spine R&D in Raynham, Massachusetts
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Product Development Engineer, Spine R&D in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
We are looking for a driven Product Development Engineer to be an integral team member of our diverse DePuy Synthes Spine R&D team. You will be a vital contributor in the creation of new surgical instruments, engineering drawings and play an integral role in the transfer of new concepts to manufacturing. Do you love coming up with new mechanisms and testing them to see how they work? If so, this position will give you the opportunity to work within the broader product development organization to craft designs, beginning at concept creation and finishing with fully manufacturable designs!
The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for the design and development aspects of a project, participating on cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process, and assisting with planning and executing projects through product launch, commercialization, and post market surveillance.
This individual will have the opportunity to lead small projects by working closely with the project core team (marketing, manufacturing, quality, testing, supply chain etc.) and surgeons to define design inputs, and solve design problems utilizing CAD techniques, rapid and conventional prototyping and other available technologies.
This individual will develop layouts and tolerance studies utilizing GD&T, will participate in performing design evaluations (such as FEA, simulated use testing, dry labs and wet tissue labs etc.) and support generating documentation of clinical and surgical technique observations to innovate meaningful design solutions.
This individual is responsible for development and execution of design verification and validation plans, testing and will support regulatory processes for global registration efforts.
The Product Development Engineer will craft and develop complex mechanisms and work with manufacturing and/or suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and assembly to produce functioning prototypes and supporting production documentation.
This individual will show proficiency in the application of design controls and development processes and support the project leader with aspects of the project management functions including scope definition, prioritization.
This individual should have a proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage a dynamic workload, exhibit strong written and verbal skills and effectively collaborate with various teams, management and surgeons.
This individual will be responsible for developing a working knowledge of our product lines and detailed knowledge of various spinal pathologies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required; Degree within Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years professional experience (not including co-op, internship and research) within New Product Development is required.
• Medical Device, Spine or Orthopedic experience is required.
• Prior experience working with project teams bringing products from concept to launch is required.
• Execute design trade-offs for performance, form factor, cost, schedule and risk are required.
• Strong track record of utilizing computer aided design (CAD) to develop instruments and/or implants is required; Unigraphics NX is preferred.
• Proven understanding of different types of manufacturing (traditional and 3D printing), mechanisms, materials, appropriate tolerancing, drafting standards (ANSI and ISO), inspection methods and GD&T is required.
• Experience in cross-checking of design drawings with peers is required.
• Experience working within a regulated industry is required.
• Experience with Quality System Requirements and/or Medical Device Directive for medical devices is required.
• Strong verbal / written communication and analytical skills is preferred.
• Proven customer facing experience with collecting customer insights and translating those into their designs is preferred.
• Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) is preferred.
This position may require up to 10% travel including international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
J&J Family of Companies
- J&J Family of Companies Jobs