Granite Telecommunications Jr. NOC Technician in Quincy, Massachusetts
Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications Solutions Providers for businesses and government facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support. Granite has over $1.5 Billion in revenue (zero debt) with 2,000 employees and is headquartered out of Quincy, MA. We have Regional offices located in West Palm Beach, Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Philadelphia and Rhode Island.
Our mission is to be the leading Telecommunications Company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $80 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation, and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
Granite was rated by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” for nine consecutive years in a row (2007-2015). Plus over the last four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) Granite has been awarded the Top Workplaces Award. With the astounded accomplishment of winning the EIS government bid in 2017, Granite is looking to pave a profound future for itself in not only the private sector, but also in the public sector.
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
- The analysts would eventually be responsible for handling customer calls, guiding clients and technicians through troubleshooting steps to resolve their technical issues and providing proactive monitoring and support.
- They would additionally be responsible for diagnosing network issues and ensuring they are addressed and resolved in a responsible fashion.
- They would be required to interface both internally at Granite and externally with customers in a professional and respectful manner.
- They would be responsible for adherenace and adoption of existing, changing and new process guideliness as dictated by department management.
- They would be responsible for observation and reaction to managed services monitoring tasks as outlined by department management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remotely troubleshoot managed service-related issues on support calls with Granite customers and/or field technicians
- Confirm managed device status for varying customers depending on their individual service packages and troubleshoot issues that may be present or arise
- Professionally, accurately and efficiently handle customer requests including technical and non-technical inquiries to any NOC related services
- Answer questions regarding services, product features, outages and problems with company provided equipment in a way appropriate to the audience
- Follow up with customers and internal departments to confirm that issues have been resolved in a timely manner that is satisfactory to the customer.
- Manage their new and existing ticket queue so that nothing gets ignored or goes unresolved for extended periods of time.
- Working and reacting to managed services notifications as needed
- Answer phone calls and work/delegate incoming e-mails as needed and directed by senior memebers of the NOC team
- 1-2 years in a technical support related role
- Comfortable operating within a command line interface
- Proven ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to Provide a high level of customer support to improve customer experience
- Ability to use computer and software applications to input and retrieve imformation
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Must have the ability to be cleared for Secret Clearance P2, or currently hold secret clearance
- Understanding of general WAN technologies and their uses
- Understanding of MPLS network
- Understanding of MetaSwitch products and troubleshooting
- Understanding of DMVPN framework
- CCNA certification or higher
- Familiarity with SIP/ VoIP troubleshooting
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Understanding of the OSI model
Location: Quincy, MA (HQ)
Job Code: 3452
# of Openings: 1