Granite Telecommunications Customer Success Project Manager I in Quincy, Massachusetts
Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications Solutions Providers for businesses and government facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support. Granite has over $1.5 Billion in revenue (zero debt) with 2,000 employees and is headquartered out of Quincy, MA. We have Regional offices located in West Palm Beach, Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Philadelphia and Rhode Island.
Our mission is to be the leading Telecommunications Company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $80 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation, and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
Granite was rated by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” for nine consecutive years in a row (2007-2015). Plus over the last four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) Granite has been awarded the Top Workplaces Award. With the astounded accomplishment of winning the EIS government bid in 2017, Granite is looking to pave a profound future for itself in not only the private sector, but also in the public sector.
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Customer Success PM I: a fast-paced, challenging, customer-facing role that will be responsible for managing a large number of deliverables across multiple departments, and effectively communicating them to customers so as to manage expectations. You will develop rapport with customer engineers, control scope, manage risk, and develop processes that will lead to smooth deployments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with customer and internal teams to gather requirements, formulate timelines, and craft a risk management strategy.
- Deliver project designs, drawings, documents, scopes of work, etc. to ensure successful deployments
- Identify areas of deployment/operation/troubleshooting that could be more efficient if paired with intelligent software solutions and work with our developers/develop an application to address the issue and improve efficiency
- Develop, disseminate, and discuss project plans with key contributors and stakeholders.
- Onboard existing customer network topologies, document these topologies, develop plans to remediate existing issues and modernize existing deployments to ensure consistency with upcoming business goals
- Develop project management assets in the form of templates, playbooks, and roll-out checklists.
- Develop communication strategies for multiple levels of stakeholder involvement.
- Night/overnight work sometimes required
- Excellent time management and time accounting skills
- Proficient written technical communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, ability to drive resolution without micromanagement
- High-level understanding of technical network dependencies
- The ability to identify opportunities and deficiencies in a roll-out strategy and adapt to them
- The ability to maintain a large knowledge base of project rollout elements and strategies
- The desire and ability to learn advanced project management and basic technical skills
- 5 years experience in a customer-facing, complex, senior project management role, at least some of it in a technical field
- Knowledge of Project Management concepts and jargon
- PMP Certification
- Agile project experience
- Previous consulting/outsourced project experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft suite of Office products and familiarity with Vizio
Location: Quincy, MA (HQ)
Job Code: 3557
# of Openings: 1