Tru Green Service Manager in Plymouth, Massachusetts
20 Raffaele Road, Plymouth, Massachusetts 02360
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides quality and timely service to the customer through the recruitment, training, and supervision of a team of lawn care specialists. Provides effective coaching and development of field staff so that they may positively impact customer retention through exceeding customer expectations.
- Evaluates the quality of service provided to customers and develops procedures to minimize customer complaints. Ensures diplomacy concerning customer service-related concerns.2. Coaches and develops lawn specialists and trainees. Works with other managers to identify ways to reduce customer cancellations.3. Recruits, interviews and selects personnel needed to efficiently staff the service function. Evaluates performance, makes salary recommendations, and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.4. Plans and conducts new hire and on-going training for service personnel in customer service skills, technical skills, safety policies, and procedures.5. Supervises a team of technicians to ensure service (production and sales) goals are met. Maintains positive morale among personnel and actively promotes teamwork.6. Examines associate work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to best practices as well as company policies and procedures.7. Determines work procedures issuing oral and written instructions. Expedites workflow by coordinating the sharing of information between customer and field technician. Prepares work schedules and assigns and monitors duties to service personnel for efficiency.8. Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates. Conducts daily and weekly management meetings.9. Ensures that a safe workplace is provided for all associates by ongoing training and adherence to company policies.10. Maintains Department of Transportation Pre/Post Trip Inspection and Drive Qualification files. Ensures current licensing is maintained by all associates as required by company policy/state and/or federal law.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate’s degree in a business-related discipline and two (2) or more years of related experience in lawn/horticulture/agronomy/lawn care services required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.• 2+ years of supervisory management experience required• Certificates, licenses, and registrations as required by federal and state law• Bachelor’s degree and sales experience preferred • Requires extensive local travel.
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of leadership and with front line staff• Excellent leadership skills in team building, selecting talent, training, mentoring and developing a sales team, executing goals• Excellent time management skills• Practical knowledge of service industry and experience in developing and executing sales plans• Business process analysis skills• Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:• Sit or stand• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach• Speak and hear• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and focus• Lift up to 50 lbs independently• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Noise level• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions• Subject to exposure to animals and insects• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English is required.
You MUST BE physically located in the United States while performing this job.
Pay Ranges$60,482.00 - $100,802.00
This range is based on the qualifications necessary for the position, including experience, training, and other considerations permitted by law. Factors that may be used when making an offer may include a candidate’s skills, experience, and geographic location, the expected quality and quantity of work, and internal pay alignment, as needed. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the pay range. The upper end of the range will generally be reserved for candidates with extensive experience. An employee’s pay history will not be a contributing factor where prohibited by local law. In addition to monetary compensation, we offer benefits, including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance and Company-matching 401(k) in addition to other programs and perks.
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here (https://trugreen.phenompro.com/us/en/eeoc-and-eeo-policy) or to request an application accommodation, Click Here (https://trugreen.phenompro.com/us/en/disabilities-accommodations) .
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here (https://trugreen.phenompro.com/us/en/california-consumer-privacy-act) .
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
To view our disclaimer, https://trugreenjobs.com/us/en/disclaimer
We offer growth, both for your career and your community. TruGreen is the nation's largest and most comprehensive provider of lawn and landscape services. We are proud to have over 200 branches across the country so that you will find opportunities with us no matter where life takes you.
Plus, we offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401k plans. With our small-company feel, tight-knit communities and 40 years of time-tested training, you will have everything you need to grow your career with us at TruGreen.
Having trouble searching on this site? Please go to trugeenjobs.com (https://www.trugreenjobs.com/us/en) for a more optimized search experience.