Expeditors Warehouse Operations Manager in Peabody, Massachusetts
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
15,000 trained professionals
250+ locations worldwide
Globally unified systems
Scope of Position
Manage and coordinate activities of supervisors and workers within the warehouse operation. Understand and be able to support facility and equipment issues. Assist the Warehouse Manager in employee management, as well as projects and tasks as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Workload distribution and plan staffing level of warehouse personnel
· Provide leadership to subordinates, collaborate with supervisors to lead cohesion between warehouse and office teams
· Train and advise employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping product
· Review records/reports for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures
· Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow
· Inspect physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Requisitions necessary repairs or replacement of equipment/materials
· Work with Supervisors on responsibilities for all warehouse personnel
· Hold regular warehouse updates and safety meetings
· Utilize workflows and system tools
· Issue written and oral instructions
· Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
· Communication and recaps to management, tight collaboration with day management, including shift turnovers
· Any job as assigned by management
· Mentor, recruit and hire
Experience and Education
· High school degree or equivalent
· Three years warehouse supervisor experience
· Must become Dangerous Goods Certified within 6 months of hire
· Must become a certified screener within 3 months of hire
· Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly. Must be capable of walking for extended periods.
· Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis. Must be able to use proper lifting techniques. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important. Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements. Must be able to shift priorities easily. Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Expeditors Jobs