Cardinal Health Warehouse Operations Manager (Night Shift) in Peabody, Massachusetts
Shift: Sunday - Thursday 6:00pm - 3:00/4:00am (hours will fluctuate )
What Operations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations is responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution or manufacturing environment. Includes warehousing and fulfillment of materials and products, transportation, inventory management as well as demand, supply and manufacturing planning.
Operations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function.
- 5-8 years of experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, front line supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peers, customers, and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involve resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
- Manages staff to ensure timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting distribution center standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality.
- Monitors warehouse productivity, adheres to budget requirements, and works towardsimplementing distributioncenter programs.
- Recommends and deploys programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization within the facility.
- Implements and administers all policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality service is provided to the customers, ensures prompt follow-through on customer correspondence related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand.
- Handles general employee inquiries and resolves concerns.
- Responsible for supervisory and employee population development, training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
- Maintains positive employee relations.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to be a visible leader and maximize employee interactions for a multi-shift distribution operation.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs