Arrow Electronics Senior Business Development Manager, Computing Americas in Peabody, Massachusetts
Senior Business Development Manager, Computing Americas
Senior Business Development Manager, Computing Americas – Converge, an Arrow Company
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 150 company with global headquarters in Denver - helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”.
Converge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, is a leading independent distributor with a specialization of supply of computing components.
As a Senior Business Development Manager – Computing Americas, you will be working with existing and emerging customers across a variety of computing industries, from the Prime X86 Cloud customers, to embedded, notebook, desktop and other niche computing sectors. You will support customer needs and provide technical leadership to champion Converge initiatives and promote customer success through our Arrow partnerships.
Desired customer base is Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Cloud, Cisco, Oracle and other Tier1 and Tier2 Cloud and computing manufacturers.
· Responsible for the assessment of existing and potential customers, defining product needs, and sales execution. Continuous relationship development between the business area, regional teams and the manufacturers to ensure a trust and support of business objectives.
· Budget responsibility for all assigned business development areas.
· Defines and tracks performance for the manufacturers products and services.
· Coordinates opportunity development of both Net New as well as Existing Customers.
· Relationship management with Arrow and Converge’s regional staff in all Vertical markets.
· Strong knowledge of industry trends within processors, passive and active IC, storage, memory, and technology products products; able to articulate the associated solutions for key Computing OEM customers.
· Work with Arrow and Converge resources to grow and expand existing customer base.
· Understanding business needs and processes; helps identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution.
· Participating in requirements analysis; design solutions based on customer and system requirements.
· Strategic and tactical development with field and sales management - assist on pricing of opportunity and designing customer solution.
· Manage OEM/CEM vendor and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Identify key relationships amongst decision makers within suppliers and customers.
· Host pre-scheduled meetings with customers/OEM and CEM vendors to identify areas Converge can solve
· Participate in daily huddles with team to discuss customer and vendor strategies and requirements
· Open up regular channels of supply, from the open market, in collaboration with the Converge North American sourcing manager and Arrow counterparts
Communication, Relationships and Reporting
· Leverages internal matrix relationships across region to direct the implementation and execution of strategy.
· Build and maintain strong relationships within assigned vendor(s)
· Working with Converge Account Managers and Trade Management, to identify the key partners with good potential to develop supply routes and sales channel of the Converge’s products and services
· Build and maintain strong relationships within assigned customer and vendor base
· Regular and accurate forecasting of opportunities, providing detail for both short and long-term pipeline
7-10 years of related experience with a 4-year bachelor’s degree
5+ years of demonstrated Tier1 Computing sales success including new business acquisition, opportunity qualification, development and closing, account planning and alignment, customer and partner relationship management, margin management support, and sales effectiveness fundamentals.
Proficiency with MS Office tools or equivalent
Travel and Location
This role will be US based and responsible for all Computing business development in the Americas. Up to 50% travel required.
Ability to motivate sales personnel and management within respective territory to increase their focus on computing accounts.
We are seeking Business Development Managers in any of the following markets including, but not limited to-
Candidates residing in other locations, who have the requisite contacts and relationships within Tier1 x86 business, will be considered.
Boston - Peabody
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.