AMETEK, Inc. Manager, Quality and Continuous Improvement in Peabody, Massachusetts
Manager, Quality and Continuous Improvement
Job ID: 17779
Functional Area: Quality Assurance
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Location: US - Massachusetts - Peabody
Division: MMA - Ultra Precision Technology
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
TMC is the world leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs. We are a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales of $5 billion.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Quality and Continuous Improvement to join our team.
As a key member of TMC’s management team, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional who can promote and foster a quality mindset within the business through effective leadership, strategic vision and support to the continuous improvement of the organization.
• Manage TMC’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) with a focus on building a continuous improvement environment across the business
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering to identify and deliver improvement activities through the application of process improvement methodologies and innovation
• Monitor QMS performance to drive sound data-driven decisions, proactively identifying the beginning of trends that will affect business management system performance
• Identify and manage the quality key performance indicators to assess performance; present this data regularly to the management team and implement any resulting corrective action plans
• Ensure all employees are adequately trained on QMS policies and procedures; conduct QMS training for new staff members.
• Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based activities to drive ideas and solutions
• Interface with Materials Management and supplier representatives to address vendor Quality issues and ensure appropriate levels of corrective action are developed and implemented
• Oversee the customer complaint and CAR process to ensure problem verification, research, root cause analysis, and resolution occur in a timely manner; ensure root-cause analysis and problem solving activities are conducted to develop effective corrective action and process improvement
• Actively work with Engineering/R&D on New Product Development projects and processes
• Manage product material compliance initiatives such as REACH, ROHS, WEEE, Conflict Minerals, etc.
• BS or MS degree in an Engineering discipline
• 5+ years of experience in a Quality leadership role
• Experience in an ISO 9000 manufacturing business
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers, and customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create documentation for use by multiple skill/experience levels.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
• Familiarity with fabricated sheet metal design and manufacturing practices
• Familiarity with electromechanical assembly and test practices
• Certified Quality Engineer or Manager
• Six Sigma training
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.