Paradigm Precision Machine Operator - Weekend Shift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 5pm-5am in Peabody, Massachusetts
Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Perform all aspects necessary for the machining processes used in the manufacturing of Turbine Engine components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all manual and/or CNC machines to perform completely and independently specific operations as outline in the methods and process sheets without supervision.
- Have complete knowledge of the machinability of metals.
- Ability to perform standard setups and operate multiple pieces of equipment when required.
- Change, set and adjust tools as required.
- Required to set up
- Load and delete programs in the machine with engineering approval.
- Ability to read programs.
- Make minor adjustments of feeds and speeds on the assigned machine.
- Operate multiple pieces of equipment when required.
- Check parts using specified gages or hand tools/precision measuring instruments or by using furnished fixtures to confirm that dimensions are being maintained.
- Ability to troubleshoot causes of deviations.
- Report improper machine function and/or check parts not being held to proper dimensions.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform above requirements in a safe, productive and quality conscious manner.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA; use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the employer required be worn; report to his/her supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself or another worker; and report to his supervisor, the existence of any hazard of which he knows.
- Assist with training others as required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to perform first piece inspection, off-sets and tool changes.
- Experience machining parts with close tolerances and other aerospace-type requirements.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and cutting tools and their application.
- Capable of producing quality and quantity of work in accordance with requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three to five (3-5) years related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Have the knowledge of shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop and crouch
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil-based lubricants and cleaning solutions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AcknowledgementsThe above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Machine Operator - Weekend Shift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 5pm-5am
Country: United States
Department: Manufacturing Operations