Cardinal Health Logistics Engineer, Final Mile in Peabody, Massachusetts
What Logistics contributes to Cardinal Health
Logistics plans, controls and implements processes for the storage and movement of finished goods and materials to drive operational efficiency in the organization's supply chain. This job family develops strategies for the use of internal Transportation capabilities versus third party logistics services. Logistics tracks all movement of product throughout each step in the supply chain, proactively identifies logistical risks, and addresses logistical issues to ensure on-time fulfillment of customer commitments.
The Logistics Engineer manages daily shipping execution of private fleet and commercial final mile shipments, parcel shipments for key distribution centers, and escalations, issue resolution, Logistics Service Provider hub audits, and driver audits.
Location: Primarily based out of our Peabody (Boston), MA Distribution Center.
Schedule: Monday through Friday: 7am – 4pm. Must be flexible to work off schedule hours including, weekends, holidays and after hours to support the business and customers.
Flex work schedule : 3 days in office, 2 days from home.
- Manage daily execution of final mile shipments from assigned forward distribution centers to our customers.
- Resolve problems concerning flow, carrier, fleet, and customer issues associated with delivery and logistics flow.
- Manage daily on-time performance including departure and delivery.
- Manage financial components for final mile deliveries including the assets utilization and shipment cube utilization.
- Support root cause identification/day-to-day execution, resolution of challenges/opportunities, customer implementation/disengagement.
- Deliver process improvements that drive efficiency and help to ensure budget accountability and savings opportunity identification.
- Provide tier 1 Logistic Service Provider support; Tier 1 is defined as day-to-day issue resolution which does not require a written performance plan, additional contract SOW development, or escalation within Cardinal Health or the Logistics Service Provider.
- Conduct field hub and driver audits to ensure compliance to our delivery standards
- Coordinate daily and weekly carrier performance reviews
BA, BS or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
4+ years experience with logistics/transportation operations highly preferred.
- Experience working with parcel, LTL, and truckload modes highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel (V-lookups, IF statements, Pivot Tables) highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work; independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs