AMETEK, Inc. General Help -Fab in Peabody, Massachusetts
General Help -Fab
Job ID: 20732
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work: 7:00AM to 3:30PM
Location: US - Massachusetts - Peabody
Division: MMA - Ultra Precision Technology
Education Required: High School Diploma
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
TMC is the leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs. We are a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales of $5 billion.
We are actively seeking qualified candidates in the following area: General Help - Fab
Candidate should have 1-3 years of operating metal forming equipment such as a press brake in a production environment. Set up experience a plus. Must be able to read and interpret fabrication prints and work instructions, perform first piece inspection, and meet production and quality standards in an ISO 9000 registered facility. The successful candidate will be familiar with the safe operation of similar industrial equipment, and the safe use of basic hand and power tools, and material handling equipment. Other duties include the following:
• Drilling, tapping and grinding of metal parts.
• Use of metal working and fabricating tools such as notching press, radius press, time-saver, shear, spot welder, punch press, multi-tapper and drill press.
• Perform mechanical assembly.
• Manufacture and forming parts to prints.
• Use of precision measuring devices such as verniers, micrometers, protractors, squares.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., ability to stand for extended periods.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One to three years of relevant experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, with good eye – hand coordination.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend frequently and reach with both hands.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.