Burning Glass Technologies Business Line Leader - Head of Product Management HCM Solutions in null, Massachusetts
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider that has cracked the genetic code of an ever-changing labor market. Powered by the world's largest and most sophisticated database of labor market data and talent, we deliver real-time data and breakthrough planning tools that inform careers, help define academic programs, and shape workforces. Burning Glass' applications drive practical solutions and are used across the job market: by employers and recruiters in managing their talent needs, by educators in aligning programs with the market, and by policy makers in shaping strategic workforce decisions.
Burning Glass' tools help close the skills gap and inform educational needs for the emerging workforce. The company's products allow companies to better build and manage their workforces with the skills needed for transformative change. Based in Boston, Burning Glass is playing a growing role in informing the global conversation on both strategic workforce management and higher education, and in creating a labor market that works for everyone.
Burning Glass is seeking a Business Line Leader (BLL) and Head of Product Management to conceive, deliver, and drive the success of our human capital management (HCM) product suite – a suite that brings together Burning Glass's powerful job market data and taxonomies with customer data to yield actionable insight for talent management and strategic workforce planning for line of business leaders, HR professionals, and the C-suite. The Business Line Leader must be a strong team leader, with a proven ability and commitment to grow and develop talent, experienced in creating and maintaining a culture of consistent, rapid, and effective execution, and driven to create a rapidly growing, profitable product line.
The successful candidate will have experience developing and taking P&L ownership of enterprise SaaS applications which inspire users to act or make decisions based on data-driven insights. You must have the ability to work at, drive, and succeed within a high growth environment, bringing deep stores of energy and strong intellectual horsepower. You know how to articulate commercial strategy and will serve as a voice of the product organization across the company. A deep understanding of the buyer personas in the Global 1000 market including CHROs, People Office, Line of Business Managers, and Human Resources is desirable.
Shape and execute an aggressive, multi-year product vision for our HCM solution that increases the value and actionability of our offering within key customer workflows
Support go-to-market execution and strategy for Burning Glass products in the HCM market
Engage with current and potential customers to identify and define high value and impactful product opportunities
Manage a team of product owners, designers and data analysts in translating our product vision to the delivery of a series of highly impactful, highly engaging, and highly valuable solutions
Partner with the engineering team to develop best-in-class SaaS applications on-time and within budget
Partner with the marketing and sales teams to develop successful go-to-market programs including identification of target markets, pricing strategy, product marketing materials, and sales facilitation support
Contribute to partnership development strategy, engaging with other software and data vendors and service providers to enhance Burning Glass' offerings.
Drive P&L focus to ongoing management of the product portfolio
Required Skills and Experience
• 6+ years of progressively responsible work experience in a product organization and demonstrated success bringing new products to market
• Extensive experience building rich analytic products that deliver clear and comprehensible support for business decisions
• Experience building platforms that integrate proprietary data with customer data for high value insight and enduring customer relationships
• Successful experience using Agile development practices
• Keen ability to understand the pain points of buyer personas, identify market opportunities, and build products to capitalize on them
• Past experience in rapid growth environments
• Exceptional ability to think strategically and analytically coupled with strong written communication skills
• Strong finance and project management skills
• Customer and market driven
• Strong alignment to company mission with an affinity for data-driven insights
• Ability to manage amidst uncertainty and to drive to clarity
• Can work well in a small, matrixed organization