Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Senior Buyer in Norwood, Massachusetts
825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron® is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for purchasing and sourcing functions of a variety of components for production and R&D for Instron N.A. Primary parts will be related to fabricated sheet metal and machined parts, may include some electro-mechanical items. Parts are of complex in nature and at the highest quality levels. This position maybe based in Norwood, MA or Binghamton, NY plants.
· Analysis of parts that flow through as requisitions from planner(s) evaluate and act as necessary
· Update and review supplier agreements to ensure best cost is achieved through long term planning
· Manage day to day supplier activities (MRBs, Purchase orders, incorrect Invoices, Expediting when necessary)
· Strategically source alternate suppliers for low performing or ineffective suppliers
· Perform Monthly reports and Quarterly Business Reviews of the key suppliers in conjunction with quality department
· Ensure the system data is maintained and accurate on the parts the buyer is responsible (order quantity, pricing, frequency of orders)
· Maintain a lean inventory of the responsible parts without getting to a stock-out position
· Maintain and enhance vendor relationships by site visits, meetings and keeping close contact with the key vendors
· Travel to either plant (Norwood or Binghamton) on a regular basis; more at first to get up to speed then about once a quarter
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (10+)
· Must be proficient in advance Excel and ability to demonstrate (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, arithmetic formulae)
· Must be familiar with an updated ERP system (IFS, SAP, JDE, Microsoft Dynamics or similar)
· Proven track record or display of analytical and communication skills
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams and departments
· Expertise in the metals commodity is a must
· KanBan inventory knowledge is a plus
· Ability to display innovative thinking, outside-the-box problem solving techniques is a plus
· Knowledge of the ITW Tool-box or projects based on the 80/20 principle is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs