ITW Metals Market Manager in Norwood, Massachusetts
The Metals Market Manager is a key position within the HFA Business at Instron (a division of ITW) required to meet and exceed the growth and profitability goals and ensures that the business remains the global leader. The position leverages first-hand understanding of customer needs, product and applications expertise, in-depth market knowledge and insights towards increased sales effectiveness and market penetration of key products. This position will work along all aspects of the buying cycle but primarily focus on early-cycle, where market insights can provide Instron with a competitive advantage by being recognized as a thought leader in the industry.
The primary responsibilities of the Market Manager include developing and implementing marketing plans to meet bookings and profit targets within a designated market and providing regular communication, support & training to the global sales and service organizations.
· Analyzing the assigned market(s) to understand business performance, trends and provide business insights
· Active participation in key industry standards committees (ASTM, ISO)
· Ensuring the highest level of market knowledge within the business through coordination and centralization of applications information, sales tools and training materials (to be delivered within the team and to sales)
· Leverage market insights for market conditioning of existing and future products
· Coordinate and execute on global lead generation and market development programs focused on increased penetration of key EM products in the assigned market(s)
· Maintaining a set of metrics that provide a feedback loop for programs and strategies success or failure for continuous improvement
· Develop and maintain tools that help explain metals testing applications to our global sales force
· Host virtual customer meetings with key customers demonstrating high force products and their value proposition
· Regular communication (in several forms) of knowledge and activities to the global organization to maintain a high level of awareness.
· Role may include the pursuit of strategic partnerships or acquisition opportunities such as sales and technical collaborations, licensing arrangements, acquisition of products from third party companies, or the acquisition of third party entities. The goal of these arrangements is to solidify Instron’s premium brand image while expanding the applications coverage within the market or fill key product gaps.
· Leverage ITW Toolbox skills – 80/20, USa and PLS – in all aspects to maximize overall organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:/
· Must possess excellent communications, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· Must have in-depth knowledge of materials testing and applications, target market (Metals Industry) and product portfolio. This knowledge level is usually acquired via a combination of completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and/or Engineering as well as approximately 7+ years of marketing, product management and/or sales experience in a manufacturing company environment.
· Advanced technical or business-related degree
· Must have in-depth understanding of or experience in capital equipment sales, preferably with material testing equipment. Experience should include all aspects of distribution including direct and distribution and over multiple industries such as government, educational and industrial.
· Must have a passion for technology and innovation
· Must have a good working understanding of selling and marketing in a global environment.
· Daily interactions with a dynamic, enthusiastic, diverse and highly-motivated team.
· Traditional office environment with little or no exposure to adverse conditions
· Must have a desire to travel as required. Travel amounts will vary, but when travel restrictions are lifted the role could involve anything from day trips to 14-day international trips. Expect on the order of 25 - 30% travel.