Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Machine Vision Expert – R&D (Contract Only) in Norwood, Massachusetts
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron® is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
INSTRON is looking for a new member for its Strain Measurement Products Group. The team develops the world’s fastest and most accurate Video Extensometers based on state-of-the-art Instron unique technologies. You will be working in Instron’s video-based strain products team investigating outside technologies and researching new concepts around optical / video strain measurement to both continually improve existing products as well as to develop future products.
In this position you will have the responsibility for meeting design specifications, project schedules and overall ownership of the activities required to complete the projects. You will work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment with frequent interaction with other multi-disciplined engineers, as well as other team members and manufacturing representatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Degree in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering with 7-10 years of experience in the design, development and launch of vision products.
· Ability to design and build real time systems using one or more of the following: object-oriented programming, OpenCV, MATLAB, Simulink, C, C++, C# or Linux.
· Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience in image processing and computer vision - camera calibration, feature extraction, sub-pixel object detection, spatial and frequency domain analysis, image sensors and optics.
· Knowledge of data and signal processing and analysis.
· Experience with software such as Excel, Minitab and PowerPoint.
· Desired attributes:
o Proven strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
o Able to create, collaborate and work within team environments.
o Innovative with strong problem-solving capabilities.
o Self-starter showing front to back ownership and sense of urgency
· Master’s or PhD degree in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or software engineering.
· Familiarity with GPU, SOM and SOC platforms
· Familiarity with FPGA and VHDL development, Xilinx preferred
· Familiarity with material testing systems
Office & Laboratory environment with little, if any, exposure to adverse conditions.
Reports to Strain Products Engineering Manager.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs