M.S. Walker Director of National Accounts - Massachusetts Off Premise Sales in Norwood, Massachusetts
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The purpose of this position is to serve as the daily point of contact for all supplier and customer related issues as they pertain to M.S. Walker sales done on a National Account/National Chain level. The Director of National Accounts- Off Premise will be required to manage all levels of National Account retail sales. This includes, but is not limited to, presenting programs to these accounts on a chain level, learning all of the systems necessary to operate in this role, constant supplier communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deliver the sales initiatives of the M.S Walker Fine Wine, General Division, and Boston Wine Company as directed by the Vice Presidents of Sales.
• Maintain direct line of communication with National Accounts.
• Manage pricing across chains to ensure price continuity and margin.
• Manage supplier relationships as they pertain to National Account business.
• Coordinate national supplier programs to ensure the satisfaction of all parties with regard to execution.
• Coordinate store level service between sales, merchandising, and shipping.
• Coordinate with brand management and purchasing to ensure sufficient inventory levels to execute national programs.
• Maintain ongoing dialogue with Sales Managers/Supervisors to ensure all parties are aware of market activity as it related to National Chains.
• Travel to local, regional, or national locations to make face to face sales presentations.
• Expected to spend 50% of their time in the office and 50% of their time traveling or in the Trade.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Strong mathematical and analytical abilities.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to present to a large group.
• Ability to prepare and present complex documents.
• Ability to calculate gross profit margin and retail markup.
• A significant level of organizational skills are required.
• Must have an equal level of comfort presenting both wines and spirits
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and five + years related experience required.
• Prior Spirits and Wine industry experience is required for this position.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
Medical and Dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Vision coverage through VSP
Disability & Life Insurance package
Paid Vacation & Holidays
Career advancement opportunities
Discount fitness memberships