Wheelabrator Technologies Driver Helper in Norton, Massachusetts
Wheelabrator Technologies is a waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and communities supported by our team of 1,900 employees. We believe in preserving our environment for future generations while providing for today's needs. Wheelabrator is a vertically integrated business with a platform of 49 strategically located collection, transfer and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 11 million tons of waste annually, converting 6.7 million tons of waste into clean, renewable energy that powers 340K homes. We recycle more than 234K tons of plastic, paper and metals from the waste stream. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit wtienergy.com
The Driver Helper rides on the vehicle and assists a Driver in providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated residential route. The Driver Helper is responsible for safely loading waste, as well as carrying bags and containers to the vehicle for disposal. The position assists the Driver in maneuvering his or her vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. In addition, the Helper helps to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as the on the route and in the work area.
- Ride on the vehicle to assist the Driver while servicing customers on a designated route.
- Operate packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism
- Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip; spray and clean the hopper and truck, if applicable.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy; report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
At Wheelabrator Technologies every employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.