Teradyne Senior Robotics Engineer in North Reading, Massachusetts
Organization & Role
At AutoGuide Mobile Robots we don’t just work on components and parts, we create choreography for fleets of cooperative mobile robots. Our autonomous mobile robots are custom designed—from the first piece of steel to the last screw—to move around the biggest, most complex factory floors in the world. We’re seeking big-picture thinkers to join our team.
As Senior Robotics Engineer you will join our global team tackling challenges—SLAM and navigation systems, multi-robot traffic management, and sensor integration among other—and develop innovative solutions supporting autonomous forklifts in the US and abroad. You will mentor other roboticists and play a key role in our efforts to develop, deploy, and maintain production-quality code that runs on the robots and in the cloud. We are looking for engineers who understand that firmware, high-level algorithms, and server infrastructure must all come together to create a complete product.
• Utilize knowledge of classical robotics, planning, SLAM, computational geometry, and statistical data fusion in relation to dynamic environments.
• Write maintainable code inside collaborative codebases. Deliver high-quality software design, documentation and implementation.
• Design, implement, and validate features in ROS (C++ and Python)
• Hands-on experience with full-scale mobile robots.
• Provide input on all aspects of product development from brainstorming to final delivery.
• Collaborate closely with our global team to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
• Work with and mentor software engineering team members.
• Provide technical leadership in areas of specialization and contribute original ideas and improvements to project designs, pipelines, and tools.
• Participate in architecture and code reviews and proactively contribute towards good coding practices and improve processes.
• Help build an amazing software team by participating in our hiring process.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
• 8+ years in hands-on development in the robotics field through product launch.
• Strong software development skills that encourage code reuse among researchers and ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code (C++ and Python).
• Experience with system integration and development on physical robots.
• Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in robotics or a related quantitative discipline.
• Computational geometry knowledge for world modelling (obstacles etc.); understanding of sensor processing stacks (vision, LiDAR, etc.) and gracefully handling noise.
• Solid knowledge of robotics algorithms for localization, mapping, perception, planning, and control.
• Experience with system architecture.
• Experience with motion planning and/or statistical modelling of agent actions and monitoring results through sensor feedback.
• Comfortable working with a remote, multidisciplinary, global team with the ability to travel internationally as needed.
• Experience managing teams or projects.
Bonus Points For:
• Practical experience developing machine learning systems, frameworks, and libraries.
• Experience with perception/vision libraries.
• Desire to improve interpersonal skills and to learn new innovative technologies.
• Open to new challenges and work independently across disciplines to both investigate issues and identify solutions.
• Experience with software engineering tools and best practices in production settings.
BS in robotics or a related quantitative discipline (MS or PhD preferred).
This job requires the individual to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first day of work or receive a reasonable accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on a valid medical or religious exemption.
Current openings may involve access to export controlled technology and may be subject to export licensing requirements prior to employment. ATTENTION APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: If you’re unable to access our on-line application due to a disability you may visit one of our locations or our Corporate Office at 600 Riverpark Drive, North Reading, MA and request a paper application form. In addition, you may also contact the HR Service Center at 978-370-3041 or contact them at HR.Service.Center@teradyne.com for additional assistance. LitePoint, a Teradyne Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Teradyne Jobs