Tokyo Electron US Holdings Inc. Senior Technical Buyer in North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Senior Technical Buyer
• Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
• Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers.
• Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity; creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management or other enterprisewide systems.
• Participates in maximizing the procurement teams' changes, part parameters; quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information.
• Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities (e.g., materials, components, equipment and services).
• Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at best value.
• Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
• May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing.
• Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues.
• Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability. Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree with 4 years of related experience; or Master's Degree with 2 years of related experience; or Associate's Degree with 8 years of related experience; or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Required Skills and Education
• Capital equipment manufacturing procurement
• New Product introduction sourcing and procurement
• Custom components
• Cost negotiations and
• Supplier selection and qualification
• Strong in SAP and Excel
• Understanding of Engineering Blueprints and schematics
• Engineering change order process and revision control
Preferred Skills and Education
• Lean and BI experience
• Project management
• Apics certification
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 35 pounds. This position also requires 4 to 6 hours per day at a computer screen/keyboard.
Diversity creates an innovative culture. TEL US is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
TEL Manufacturing and Engineering of America, Inc.