Tokyo Electron US Holdings Inc. Mechanical Engineer Co-op (July - Dec 2021) in North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Mechanical Engineer Co-op (July - Dec 2021)
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER:
Project tasks would include:
• Redline activity: implement Manufacturing redline requests from Operations as well as vendors.
• Supplier Quality support: disposition vendor quality concession requests in timely manner to ensure on time delivery. (analyze Tolerance/ fits, etc.)
• Tool and Fixture: create 3D-printed fixtures to aid assembly
• Cost out projects: identify parts / assemblies/ processes where efficiency improvement can reduce cost
•\t Design Support for EOL Components: identify / analyze suitable replacement component, then qualify and release for production.
• Design for Manufacturing (DFM): identify areas for improvement in design efficiencies, implement BOM structure changes from Operations in CAD.
•\t Project Management: Work with Staff to update project tracking system in MS SharePoint
•\t Run FEA simulations on parts/assemblies to support design team
Undergrad engineering student would be appropriate, with interests in hardware design and lean manufacturing processes.
CAD (SolidWorks preferred) skills are strongly desired.
TEL Manufacturing and Engineering of America, Inc.