Cigna Sales Support Consultant - New England in Newton, Massachusetts
This position is a key part of the Sales Team responsible for supporting various aspects of the sales process including but not limited to producing compliant benefit summaries and managing the hand-off process to implementation for new and renewing cases. This person will be the liaison between the Sales team and internal partners (e.g. Admin Staff, Implementation, Commissions). The role will also have external facing responsibilities with Clients and Brokers providing back-up support to the Sales team on escalated issues. This person must be capable of working independently while demonstrating sound judgment.
The first primary responsibility for this position is to produce benefit summaries and SBC documents for prospects, new business and renewals. This task requires knowledge and understanding of Cigna products – Self-Funded and Fully Insured as well as platform administration. It also requires knowledge of state mandates and federal regulations (PPACA related). Knowledge of current tools is also critical. Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work under tight time constraints are necessary.
The second primary responsibility is to manage the hand-off to case installation for new and renewing business to ensure a smooth implementation. This entails collaborating with the Sales team upon sale / renewal to understand what products, benefits and services have been sold. Based on that, this person determines which processes and forms are required and manages the process to ensure everything is completed timely and accurately. This could entail initiating the appointment process for new brokers, acting as the point person for Implementation on outstanding items / questions, attending the Expert Meetings and New Client Welcome Calls.
This position is also responsible for initiating the quote process for any product or service up-sells on existing business.
Finally, this position is expected to serve as a back-up to the Sales team on escalated issues while they are out of the office. This person must be professional and knowledgeable, able to answer general and case-specific questions.
• Produce and maintain benefit summary templates
• Produce benefit summaries for prospects, new business and renewals
• Partner with the NBM and/or CM to ensure that the Clients’ needs / expectations are met
• Partner with Product and Compliance on issues as needed
• Stay current with case installation requirements / changes and sales tools
•Partner with NBM and/or CM to initiate case set-up after case sells/renews
•Identify / own the required paperwork / forms for installation of new business / renewals while ensuring accuracy and completeness
•Provide the hand-off of case related paperwork to the Implementation Team to begin case installation
•Monitor the sales timeline to ensure adherence
•Coordinate with Admin staff on producing / printing /ordering /assembling of Client materials such as enrollments kits
•Proactively follow-up with Client and /or Broker on any missing / incomplete information
Build relationships with Client and /or Broker to enhance the Client experience
• Coordinate with Admin staff on producing / printing /assembling packages
• Initiate dental / CGI quote for up-sell on renewal as requested by CM or as defined by market strategy
• Handle Broker onboarding by initiating e-vites
• Act as back-up / point person for NBM / CM for Client and /or Broker questions
• Act as a resource to Manager / others on special projects
• Provide out-of-office support as needed
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; BA/BS highly preferred or equivalent relevant work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of health insurance or employee benefit experience
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and proactively with internal and external partners
• Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
• Ability to quickly understand the Clients’ needs and expectations
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer is required
This role is WAH/Flex which allows most work to be performed at home. Employees must be fully vaccinated if they choose to come onsite.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
- Cigna Jobs