AMETEK, Inc. Plater in New Bedford, Massachusetts
Job ID: 19872
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Massachusetts - New Bedford
Division: EMG - Electronic Components and Packaging
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
Perform a variety of functions related to plating operations.
• Make up and maintain chemical and plating baths in accordance with department specifications.
• Use of mathematics in performance of some duties, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; simple use of formulas, charts and tables.
• Material handling of chemical supplies including receipt of new materials, transfer of chemicals for bath make up, and removal of empty containers and waste products from the work areas.
• Process parts in baskets, carousels, and racks through various plating operations. Includes calculation of required cycle times when not specifically identified in written and/or oral instructions.
• Knowledge of and compliance with all related company safety procedures and policies. This includes a thorough understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), identification and awareness of chemical hazards, and a working knowledge of the Aegis Chemical Index System.
• Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
• Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to group leader or supervisor.
• Maintain established quality standards and follow quality procedures.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports as required.
• Move heavy objects such as full racks of parts and 55-gallon liquid drums using material handling devices where necessary.
• Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition, that prescribed safety measures are followed, and that established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
• Work overtime as needed or as required with appropriate notice and in accordance with company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.