AMETEK, Inc. Inspector in New Bedford, Massachusetts
Job ID: 18020
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Hours of Work: 7 am - 3:30 pm
Location: US - Massachusetts - New Bedford
Division: EMG - Electronic Components and Packaging
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
Perform a variety of visual and mechanical inspection operations required to thoroughly inspect packages and parts in process. Use of mathematics including decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, simple use of diagrams and blueprint reading, checking or records, forms, and comparable data, where interpretation is required.
• Perform diversified monitoring functions during manufacturing process for conformance to specifications and dimensional and visual requirements following standard methods and procedures.
• Perform Minor repairs to correct non-compliant materials.
• Work from flowsheet folder, blueprint specifications, process sheets, written and/or verbal instructions.
• Use comparator, microscope, precision measuring instruments, forms and related equipment and materials. May use x-ray when inspecting in Plating Dept.
• Utilize established sampling plans on all in-process materials.
• Complete required sheets and forms, maintaining necessary records or audits, dates inspector involved, acceptance or rejection and reasons, etc.
• Inspect materials that have been sealed from various types of metals and glass.
• Some dimensions checked to very close tolerances.
• Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
• Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to group leader or supervisor.
• Maintain established quality standards and follow quality procedures.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports as required.
• Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition, that prescribed safety measures are followed, and that established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
• Work overtime as needed or as required with appropriate notice and in accordance with company policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.