Henry Schein, Inc. Zone General Manager - Northeast Zone in Needham, Massachusetts
This position is responsible for providing leadership to drive market share in the assigned geographic area, keeping in line with profitability goals, and both strategic and tactical objectives. This role supports and oversees all phases of field sales within the Zone and leads the communication, teamwork, and training & development of new field leaders.
*KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Provide one-on-one leadership and coaching for all sales managers in the Zone. This includes but is not limited to regularly scheduled meetings and coaching sessions with Team Schein Members (TSMs), and regular interaction with the sales teams, customers and vendors.
- Increase market share within all markets in the Zone to meet annual growth goals as determined by the US Leadership team.
- Partner with all Regional Managers in the Zone in retention, recruiting, coaching and training of all sales TSMs.
- Oversee administration and implementation of all Zone and national marketing programs to drive corporate and local initiatives.
- Manage the profitability of the Zone and all Regions within the Zone. Oversee specific profit margins and ensure cohesion and consistency with corporate objectives. This includes asset and P&L management for the zone.
- Conduct quarterly one-on-one meetings with all Regional Managers to establish goals, review progress (including adherence to budget) and implement strategies for success.
- Manage and resolve Zone TSM issues and concerns in a professional and diplomatic manner, supporting these issues with appropriate documentation and requesting the assistance of Human Resources when necessary. Regularly coach and counsel Regional Managers and other Zone TSMs towards attaining performance and career goals.
- Attend all major conventions in the Zone as well as all corporate meetings as directed by VP.
- As a key member of the US Sales Leadership Team, help drive a culture of collaboration and accountability with all TSMs who directly or indirectly support the US Dental business.
- Drive a culture of customer centricity and lead by example with regular customer engagement.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
*SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: *
- Prior sales management experience of 7 years
- Prior sales experience of 5 years
- Healthcare related experience preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and coaching skills at an advanced level
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people in a team environment
- Exceptional organization, verbal, and written communication skills, including public speaking to large groups both in person and virtually
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills
- Strong financial analysis ability
- Available to travel to up to 50% of the time domestically.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- This position must be located within the current parameters of the Northeast Zone and adjacent to a major market.
/Henry Schein, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability./
Title: Zone General Manager - Northeast Zone
Requisition ID: R117746