International Data Group Product Sales Specialist, Data Products in Needham, Massachusetts
IDC's Enterprise Sales Team is looking for a Product Sales Specialist to focus on business development and new sales of our Artificial Intelligence (AI) data product portfolio which includes the AI Spending Guide, AI Tracker and AI Strategies CIS.
The Product Sales Specialist role requires a high degree of product familiarity, sales acumen, collaboration, technical expertise, and is focused on driving new, incremental, sales opportunities while expanding the current installed base of clients.
This position is located in IDC's Needham, MA location. (Currently remote due to COVID-19).
• Primary “go to” sales overlay for IDC’s Artificial Intelligence data product portfolio which includes the AI Spending Guide, AI Tracker and AI Strategies CIS
• Understanding the product portfolios relation to, and support of, go-to-market execution of sales, marketing, strategy and partner business leaders
• Prospect for incremental sales opportunities across IDC’s account base, create and follow up on proposals, respond to client requests for information, coordinate sales activities with Global Account Managers, and work with the product team to continue enhancing the client value proposition
• Work in concert with global sales team to identify, pursue, and close incremental sales opportunities
• Act as primary feedback mechanism to product team concerning requests for special packaging, future product enhancements, marketing requirements, and contract negotiation
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of direct sales experience, along with strong written, analytical, verbal communication, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated success working independently to sell complex goods and services to technology vendors
• Prior market research industry, or technical, sales experience is a plus
• Ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, motivated, assertive, collaborative, and a self-starter
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
• Up to 25% travel (post-COVID)
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
External Company Name: International Data Group, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.idg.com
Street: 140 Kendrick St