NBC Universal Meteorologist - Boston in Needham, Massachusetts
Job Number 60402BR
Job Title Meteorologist - Boston
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCOTS - NECN
Posting Category Editorial
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a television weather meteorologist/anchor.
• Seal from accredited national weather organization (NWA, AMS) preferred
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have the ability to work flexible and sometimes long hours due to the nature of weather events.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Experience with severe weather coverage, including but not limited to heavy snow, hurricanes, tornados, severe thunderstorms, flooding and ice events
• Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when it happens.
• BS degree in meteorology preferred.
• Compelling on-air presence - crisp, clear, and confidant
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills (working knowledge of WSI system preferred.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
- NBC Universal Jobs