Nantucket Cottage Hospital Imaging & Special Projects Manager in Nantucket, Massachusetts
Full-time, 40 hours per week, Day shift
Working together with our community to achieve whole person wellness through health and related services.
An island community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual wellness.
The Imaging and Special Projects Manager plans, organizes, directs, implements and administers all function and activities of the Imaging Department. This position ensures compliance with professional and regulatory standards, NCH and relevant MGB policies, and all applicable local, state and federal laws. The Imaging and Special Projects Manager assesses and manages staffing levels, develops and oversees the departmental budget, and performs all personnel management functions.Additionally, this position is responsible for the project management of various clinical and business Hospital objectives.
_Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities_
· Organizes, develops, plans and implements various NCH and/or departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures as needed to provide quality patient care and maintain daily operations.
· Directs the activities of the Imaging Department by providing supervision, guidance and coaching to personnel to coordinate, direct, and evaluate the department activities.
· Assigns and adjusts staff scheduling to achieve optimum patient care based on assessments of departmental needs, staff capabilities, and budgetary constraints including call coverage.
· Anticipates seasonal volume variation and adjusts staffing to accommodate.
· Ensures all new employees and contract staff receive appropriate orientation, competence assessment and completes required documentation.
· Effectively anticipates, analyzes, interprets, and resolves department problems and escalates when needed.
· Ensures all quality, safety, and equipment issues are logged into the appropriate reporting mechanism and resolves them in a timely manner.
· Oversees tracking of daily and monthly statistics, staff productivity, and volumes by modality.
· Works collaboratively with the NCH/MGB medical staff.
· Collaborates closely with other departments and/or services to provide quality patient care and meet NCH strategic goals and initiatives.
· Ensures certification and continuing education requirements are met by all technologists.
· Maintains production issues log and coordinates monthly meeting with MGH and NCH Radiology team.
· Oversees radiation safety program and monitors radiation exposure levels for all employees, per regulation.
· Attends and/or conducts required meetings, training events, and other activities. Holds regular staff meetings with formal agendas and follow-up actions.
· Ensure compliance with performance improvement programs, safety procedures, and Emergency Preparedness Plan procedures, etc., providing ongoing feedback to others, as needed.
· Administers the departmental compliance program.
· Demonstrates concern and courtesy to staff, patients, visitors, co-workers and all others. Understands and exemplifies principles of patient and family centered care.
· Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance with NCH policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
· Makes recommendations to the CNO regarding staff and personnel needs for the department and submits applicable data and rationale to support these recommendations.
· Delegates effectively and develops in others the willingness and desire to work towards common objectives.
· Prepares departmental capital and operating budget submission. Ensures budget is followed and variances are properly explained, with mitigation plans for overages.**
· Submits appropriate equipment maintenance related contract invoices in a timely manner.
· Ensures departmental policies are reviewed regularly and up to date with current regulations.
· Performs corrective action and performance improvement activities, in coordination with Human Resources.
· Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance in the Hospital’s operations.
· Oversees student programs for the Imaging department.
· General project management and support of for other NCH departments.
· Design, develop, oversee, and manage data collection, data analysis, and data interpretation for hospital-wide strategic initiatives in order to deliver optimal quality of care. This includes maintaining NCH operational statistics, interacting with key members of the clinical, administrative, and information systems teams, as well as generating reports for quality submission and other NCH report consumers.
· Lead specific ad-hoc projects as determined by VP of Support Services in conjunction with CNO.
· Support Quality, Safety, and Patient Experience with planning and prioritizing activities and projects.
· Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the department’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
· Gather, analyze and interpret external and internal data and write reports.
· Will perform as admin on call as necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
_EssentialKnowledge, Skills, and Experience Required for the Position_
_Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required_
· Thorough understanding of process improvement and strategy development.
· Outstanding leadership skills necessary to advance and coordinate the achievement of organizational objectives through the management and motivation of others.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to interpret and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office, databases, and information systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Minimum of 2 years in a leadership capacity required. Hospital leadership experience preferred.
· Must be available for supervisory on call work.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds at a time.
· Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared emergency.
Job: *Radiology/Imaging/Ultrasound - Management
Organization: *Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Title: *Imaging & Special Projects Manager *
Location: MA-Nantucket-NCH Nantucket Cottage Hospital
Requisition ID: 3267524