Wheelabrator Technologies Utility Operator in Millbury, Massachusetts
Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. Wheelabrator Technologies owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our Tunnel Hill Partners and City Carting & Recycling locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com, www.tunnelhillpartners.com or www.citycarting.net.
Our Wheelabrator facility in Millbury, MA is currently seeking a Utility Operator who can help monitor and operate plant equipment to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations. The ideal candidate must be able to is communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicates clearly whether using in-situ intercom system, two-way radio or face to face. Duties may include but are not limited to maintaining a safe and efficient operation of the Ash Handling System, other plant equipment. Completes water testing treatments, tests and treats boiler, cooling, and other plant water systems. Operates and maintains an efficient demineralization system. Operates auxiliary plant equipment locally, making necessary adjustments safety and efficiency and will assist the Plant Operator in the daily operation and maintenance of the plant from the field.
- Three or more months related experience and/or training
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform such tasks as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking, and equipment inspections
- Knowledge and skills to operate power plant auxiliary equipment, such as air compressors and dryers, hydraulic power units, forced draft fans, pumps, spray dryer and absorbers, and lime slakers
- Ability to work overtime and rotating shifts
Work in areas under adverse conditions that may require the donning and use of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, the following with average fatigue:
- Negative pressure respirator
- Positive pressure respirator
- Chemical resistant suit
- Heat resistant outerwear
- Flame resistant outerwear
- A Massachusetts Second Class Fireman's License is preferred, or the ability to obtain this license within 6 months.
Physical Demands include but is not limited to:
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12" by 16" manways
- Operate a 1.5 inch fire hose operating at 125 PSI line pressure to the extent required to extinguish fire
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from hand held extinguishers to 200 lbs. portable units
Power up your career by applying today!!
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.