Actalent Production Planner in Milford, Massachusetts
The Production Planner is responsible for actively managing production schedules in support of the overall manufacturing and new product introduction plans. This role collaborates with Demand Planning, Purchasing, Production, Contract Manufacturers, Quality and Operations Engineering to achieve plan attainment, delivery performance, inventory management, and ultimately product availability for our Field colleagues and end customers. This hand-on position requires dynamic leadership, agility, tenacity, excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, critical thinking as well as a compelling initiative to see the organization succeed. The product family consists of analytical instruments, spares and kits used for Liquid Chromatography and Supercritical Fluid Chromatography.
• Responsible for all facets of production schedules utilizing SAP APO and ensuring on-time delivery of product to our primary distribution centers
• Ensure accurate and executable production plan accounting for capacity and lead-time constraints
• Execute discrete production plan that supports forecast, which includes issuing of production orders, rework orders, and managing outstanding demand
• Liaise with internal customers regularly to align on priorities, commitments, constraints and recovery plans
• Support new product development and introductions and successful transition to volume manufacturing
• Review and approve ECRs from a supply chain perspective and execute on follow-up actions as required
• Actively manage finished goods inventory pipeline at plant level in line with KPIs
• Lead initiatives to improve and optimize planning processes and systems resulting in enhanced supply delivery and efficient coordination of materials and resources used in manufacturing processes
Skills & Qualifications:
• BA/BS in Supply Chain related field required
• Minimum 4 years related experience in production planning and inventory management in a manufacturing environment
• APICS CPIM certification or equivalent highly desired
• Advanced proficiency with SAP APO and Microsoft applications required
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and drive corrective actions
• Strong leadership skills, self-directed and the ability to make independent decisions
• Experience with New Product Introduction (NPI) processes
• Familiarity with cGMP, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 is desired
Pay based on experience and is negotiable
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs