Waters Principal Commodity Manager: Manufacturing, MRO and Equipment in Milford, Massachusetts
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join a dynamic and fast paced organization. If you are someone who’s looking to bring innovation, contribute ideas and play a part in building a world class global procurement organization we would like to talk to you.
Experience should include Indirect spend category management, category planning, supplier relationship management, managing strategic sourcing events, leading commercial negotiations, supplier contract management, implementing procurement process improvement, building internal stakeholder partnerships and should possess a working knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
Actively influence and drive change enterprise-wide and globally. Must be results driven about the customer, business cost reductions, growth initiatives, aggregating spend volume, reducing prices/costs, utilizing tools, maximizing compliance and identifying improvement opportunities.
The preferred candidate will have background knowledge in the following Indirect spend categories: Manufacturing, MRO and Equipment
• Understand the categories and supplier markets, complexities, and has an overall vision of best in class procurement needs and practices
• Manage and execute contracts across the organization within in-scope spend categories
• Create negotiation plans with clear desired outcomes and options
• Provide quantifiable and qualifiable analysis of markets, pricing and savings
• Maintain and adhere to pertinent policies, processes and systems
• Partner with cross functional teams including but not limited to Manufacturing, R&D, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Operations
• Work with stakeholders to document specific business requirements, and partner to determine the most favorable short- and long-term category strategies
• Demonstrate a collaborative approach in delivering favorable business outcomes
• Proficiently manage RFI/RFP/RFQ processes
• Lead Supplier Relationship Management activities with a focus on maximizing value and minimizing risk to the business
• Conduct strategic business reviews (SBRs)
• Manage supplier performance measures (KPIs, SLAs, etc.)
• Proactively create and manage a project pipeline of category activities
• Effectively communicate issues, actions and strategies to leadership
• Support the standardization in purchasing methodology throughout the enterprise, in line with strategies, policies, processes and systems
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related area of Supply Chain, Finance or Business Management preferred
• Required Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and supplier management
• Indirect Sourcing category experience required
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
• Solid understanding of contract principles, terms and conditions required
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Company Name: Waters Division
External Company URL: www.waters.com
Street: 34 Maple Street
Telecommute: Negotiable - Flexwise