AMETEK, Inc. Buyer/Planner in Middleboro, Massachusetts
Functional Area:Supply Chain
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Massachusetts - Middleboro
Division:AHV - Instrumentation & Specialty Controls
Education Required:Associates Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
AMETEK is a global leader in electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. AMETEK has more than 15,000 colleagues at nearly 150 operating locations and a global network of sales, service, and support locations across the United States and in 30 other countries worldwide. AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
We are looking to hire a self-motivated, high energy individual to fill our position of Buyer/Planner. Responsible for planning all material requirements for product lines and for the purchase of products in accordance with established company policies and procedures. Responsible for the timely delivery of product as required to support the production plan and establishing and maintaining good company/vendor relationships. Manage levels of finished, work-in-process, and raw inventory in accordance with company and department goals and objectives.
• Planning of material and purchasing for production. Coordinate material shipments with suppliers, logistics and other plant locations to ensure materials are available when needed for production and are shipped in efficient manner. Expedite material as needed.
• Create and process purchase orders for goods and services to support production schedule as required by forecast and inventory requirements.
• Expedite orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
• Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times.
• Track and maintain proper levels of stocked inventory.
• Determination of the required product mix and factory load to satisfy customers’ needs.
• Setting up and delivering production orders to production facilities.
• Create PO’s, manage inventory, and safety stocks.
• Identify and implement process improvement initiatives for department.
• Identify material and component requirements for production from Engineering and Production specifications. Communicate with engineering team as issues arise to ensure accurate bill of materials.
• Executes material supply orders for assigned product lines in accordance with the master schedule and established planning policies.
• Monitors system planning parameters (safety stocks, order minimums, days of supply, lead times, etc.) and makes or recommends updates as necessary to optimize system performance.
• Adjusts and expedites open order schedules as necessary.
• Sourcing of new vendors and alternative material while meeting product specifications.
• Assist in identifying cost savings initiatives with suppliers to meet company goals and objectives.
• Run shortages reports and analyze immediate needs for materials and/or components to keep an uninterrupted production flow.
• Track status of manufactured & purchased parts.
• Launch work orders (parts & assemblies).
• Schedule work flow.
• Communicate to management status of work in progress, material availability and potential production problems to ensure materials and equipment are provided as needed.
• Plan and oversee the annual physical inventory for operations.
• Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
• Degree in Business or related field.
• 3-5 years Purchasing and/or Planning experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong communication and organizational skills, and ability to comfortably interface with all levels of an organization.
• Ability to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
• Outstanding strategic skills with solid creative thinking.
• Results oriented and timeline driven.
*Preferred internal candidate being considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.