Steward Health Care System Risk Program Manager in Methuen, Massachusetts
The risk manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the risk management program, including the identification, evaluation and treatment of risk in the organization. The risk manager develops and manages a systematic process to identify, assess, and treat actual and potential exposures to loss. The risk manager reviews and analyzes incident reports, rates by severity, and conducts follow-up with management staff. Completes trending analysis to identify top priority areas for improvement opportunities. Assists the Director of Quality and Safety, the Vice President of Medical affairs and Senior Director of Risk and Patient Safety with the implementation of the System-wide Quality and Safety Plan consistent with board approved plans and regulatory and standard setting agencies. This position is located at Holy Family Hospital.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
• Two to five years experience within a hospital risk management with a focus on patient safety, risk management or quality improvement. Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and FMEA analysis.
• RN preferred or other Clinical background to provide for appropriate investigation of clinical events
• BS required , MS or JD preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across disciplines
• Ability to analyze data, formulate meaningful information
• Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information with appropriate discretion
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language
• Training in patient safety or risk management and quality/performance
• Improvement methodology, concepts, education and implementation
• Membership and active participation in professional organization(s)
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), preferred