TE Connectivity TOOL & DIE MAKER III in MEDWAY, Massachusetts
TOOL & DIE MAKER III
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Tooling Teams perform the manufacturing functions related to metal working dies and tool making. They are responsible for completing all assignments to construct, modify and condition metal working dies and may fabricate new gages, cutting or forming tools and fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. They perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solve problems relating to unusual materials, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
Position summary - Primarily responsible for ensuring manufacturing support by providing appropriate tooling and fixtures for production.
Must produce product in adherence to Quality Management System.
• Build, repair and maintain tooling and fixtures for use in the manufacturing of parts.
• Coordinate with Tooling Supervisor to ensure high quality product and maximum efficiency.
• Maintains tooling and fixtures and ensure proper operation.
• Creates replacement parts and fixtures for the purpose of limiting down time.
• Designs simple tools as needed.
• Operates lathes, milling machines, grinders and other tooling dept. equipment.
• Operates CNC equipment.
• Holds tight tolerances.
• Runs production jobs on occasion when needed.
• Trains production workers on the proper use of fixtures and tooling.
• Troubleshoots problem jobs and develops solutions.
• Maintains department and personal work space to ensure a safe, clean and organized environment.
• Works safely and reports any potential safety hazards.
• Works well with others and maintains a professional and positive attitude.
Essential skills and experience
• High school education or equivalent.
• Tool making experience preferred with a minimum of 5 years machining experience.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and onLinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/te-connectivity/) ,Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/teconnectivity/) ,WeChat (http://www.te.com.cn/chn-zh/policies-agreements/wechat.html) andTwitter (https://twitter.com/TEConnectivity?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor) .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Generous 401(k) Plan
Benefits start on day one
Charity Donation Matching Program
Competitive Paid Time Off
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Healthcare for Associates and Families
Health and Wellness Incentives
Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
MEDWAY, MA, US, 02053
Requisition ID: 92690
- TE Connectivity Jobs