TE Connectivity BUYER II in MEDWAY, Massachusetts
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Purchasing Teams are responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services, gather quotations, examine bids, and award contracts. They perform cost analysis and volume planning for commodities, evaluate vendor reliability and develop new supply sources where required. They coordinate purchasing activities with the manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels and monitor cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. They also look for and recommend cost saving proposals including make vs. buy analysis, alternative sourcing, and vendor evaluation criteria as well as develop specifications for new contract orders.
Position summary Primarily responsible for the procurement of material, goods and services for the benefit of operations. Manage supplier base to ensure competitive pricing, quality all while maximizing inventory turns and reducing cost of procurement.
Role qualifications Partner with external and internal parties to ensure the materials, goods and services meet customer specification and are in adherence to established policies.
• Manage all Purchasing Department documentation in accordance with ISO requirements
• Participate in company initiatives and contribute to continuous process improvements
• Generate and present reports as required for metrics and Ops reviews
• Filing as required
Issue Request for Quote (RFQ) to suppliers as requested by Sales/Engineering/Production Control departments within agreed upon timelines - Ensure prompt supplier response and prompt feedback to requisitioner
Issue approved Purchase Orders to suppliers within agreed upon timelines: - Conduct proactive status updates - Ensure on time delivery - Communicate and enforce quality requirements (as specified on Purchase Orders and Purchasing Specs) - Seek cost reduction opportunities - Manage payment terms - Communicate quality/delivery issues with appropriate Sales and Engineering and document in Syteline as required - Monitor blanket release dates – pull in, push out as required by Production
Coordinate quality issues with suppliers as required and manage vendor returns: - Follow up on SCARs - Handle requests for supplier documentation (ie – certs, test results, etc)
Provide feedback and support to Sales, Engineering, and Quality Departments as they relate to supplier capability vs customer requested specifications
Develop and maintain vendor programs in conjunction with Strategic Purchasing: - Ensure adherence to programs - Develop vendor relationships
Run replenishment routines, plan and order stocked items inventory management and procurement system.
Manage stocked items to targeted inventory levels, and fill rates. Monitor the accuracy of planning data and recommend reorder point modifications as appropriate based on usage patterns.
Assist in resolution of supplier issues. Work with all functions in resolution of billing discrepancies, shipment accuracy, and adherence to expected supplier performance.
Complete and Monitor reports including inventory, procurement, and supplier performance metrics. Develop and execute action plans for substandard performance.
Expedite orders to ensure required delivery dates are met.
Participate in Special Projects as directed, to include process improvement teams.
What your background should look like:
Essential skills and experience
• High school education or equivalent required, BS/BA preferred.
• 3-5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of standard purchasing practices and procedures
• Knowledge of stainless steel and other Metals preferred
• Must possess strong administrative and organizational abilities.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel, vendors, and others.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, employees and suppliers.
• Proficiency with Epicore and Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical demands and work environment : The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: General office environment.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
MEDWAY, MA, US, 2053
Requisition ID: 92627
- TE Connectivity Jobs