Cisco Hardware Engineer, Diagnostic - Acacia in Maynard, Massachusetts
You will be key member of Acacia’s Hardware team responsible for embedded and/or X86 development and diagnostic routines for HW bring and manufacturing testing of our hardware components. You will interface with Hardware, Software, and manufacturing teams in the engineering organization.
• Provide significant direction to the product’s diagnostic strategy and architecture
• Work alongside Acacia’s HW, DSP, and Optics teams to bring up our new complex DSP ASICs and optical modules
• Responsible for all diagnostics code used for hardware bring up
• Provide considerable contribution to manufacturing PCBA test strategy
• Interface with other cross-functional teams is an essential responsibility for this role
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
• BS (or equivalent) in CS or EE with 7-10 years of experience in relevant industry
• Proficiency in C/C++ and assembly language programming
• Proficiency in scripting languages such a Python
• Proficiency with RTOS and embedded CPUs and microcontrollers (ARM® preferred)
• Demonstrated working knowledge of HW components and experience with writing low level device drivers for them (Memory controllers, CPU peripherals, FPGAs, DSP, analog components such as ADC/DAC, UARTs, SPI, I2C, MDIO, Ethernet MAC/PHY components, etc.)
• Experience with loading/initializing FPGA/CPLD
• Comfortable with Windows® and Linux® system programming
• Comfortable with UNIX-style command-line development (make, shell programming)
• Hands-on laboratory experience is critical and required for this position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Highly Desired Skills:
• Experience with writing code for control of various electro-optical components (ITLAs, Driver Amp, Modulators, etc.)
• Experience in network programming (sockets, TCP, UDP, HTTP)
• Experience with a revision control system (CVS and Perforce™)
• Experience with Lab View
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs