Cardinal Health Sr. Consultant, Supply Chain Inv/Purch. in Massachusetts
What Inventory Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for leading the Supply Chain Planning responsibilities for the Cardinal Health inventory and inventory optimization initiatives from end to end Supply Chain. The incumbent will participate on a Global, Cross Functional Team assembled to drive the important inventory planning and inventory optimization initiatives. They will represent global inventory planning across all business units. This role will gather and analyze data in order to develop strategies to minimize the total inventory cost for Cardinal Health Brand products while maximizing service levels. This includes working capital as well as inventory expense (excess no move + surplus). This role will identify and implement processes, strategies and technological solutions to meet global budgeted inventory costs. This role will collaborate with the regional inventory owners to drive achievement of inventory goals in each region. This position is responsible for accurate information by proactively managing inventory related KPIs (key performance indicators). This position will work with the global deployment team to identify product moves needed to reduce inventory risk. This highly visible position will interact with many functions across Cardinal Health and orchestrate prioritization and risk mitigation to supply across the world. The incumbent will work through completion of this project and role into one of many key positions which are aligned with their specific career objectives.
- Interact with global planning, manufacturing, transportation, distribution, finance, customer service and other functions inside CAH to develop and analyze CAH health finished goods inventories.
- Execute and analyze various ad-hoc reports and analyses in support of CAH inventory and replenishment strategies.
- Create and implement standardized metrics (KPI's) – Operational and Financial DIOH, and reporting calendars aligned with finance reporting calendars at a minimum
- Create dashboard visuals/control towers in analytical software such as Tableau
- Develop best in class processes to improve DIOH
- Coordinate timely resolution of issues related to inventory and replenishment.
- Support and guide inventory forecast and budgeting processes with businesses and regions
- Identify and lead ad-hoc projects to optimize inventory and reduce risk including (1) rolling out Best Practice inventory management strategies and supporting projects and (2) acting as primary operational leader to ensure optimal execution and continuous improvement
- Execute against management lead process improvement initiatives related to inventory optimization strategy
- Ensure that the technology and tools necessary for successful process execution or enhancements are outlined against the current technology infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or other analytical field
- Minimum two to four years of previous experience in managing global inventory processes and or as a participant in one of the key areas such as Demand Planning or Supply Planning. Will consider experience in other Supply Chain areas such as plant operations, production scheduling, inventory management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills with significantexperience/proficiencyin Microsoft Excel or other analytical tools like Tableau, Access, etc.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Partners with management and the extended organization to identify operational inefficiencies and new business opportunities. Develops recommendations based on benchmarking, financial results and statistical data.
- Acts as a key advisor tomanageron the development of overall strategies and long term goals of the organization.
- Act as a mentor to supply chain associates
- Act as a liaison to IT for system issues and enhancements
- Present to senior leadership on recurring basis In S&OP and business review meetings
- Develop processes for inventory calculations, data, risks, and SOX controls and execute inventory audit reporting
- Work with customer service and category management on requests for donations.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs