PPD Senior Scientist in Massachusetts
* *Guaranteed at least $2,000 sign-on bonus upon hire
*This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.*
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our customers through our collaborative approach, including PPD Laboratories FSP.
PPD Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
We are looking to hire several Senior Scientists to join our ever growing teams in the Greater Northeast Areas. You would be responsible for working onsite at one of our major pharmaceutical customer sites.We are looking for candidates with many types of experience including Small Molecule, Large Molecule, Cell and Genetic Therapies, QC, QA, and Automation that have performed various tecniques such as HPLC, GC, Dissolution, KF, FTIR, Flow Cytometry, PCR, ELISA, Bioassays, HTP Assays, Separation Methods, Method Development, Method Validation, Investigations, Change Controls, Quality Control Testing, Stability, and GMP.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well being of our employees.
Summarized Purpose: Possesses a thorough understanding of laboratory procedures and can reliably conduct complex analysis with increased independence. Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices. Follows validated or experimental analytical procedures with periodic direct supervision. Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications. Enters data into databases and reports. Performs self-review for own data prior to QC submission.
*Education and Experience: *
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 4 years) with preference to industry experience.
- In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable techniques such as: HPLC, GC, Dissolution, KF, FTIR, Flow Cytometry, PCR, ELISA, Bioassays, HTP Assays, Separation Methods, Method Development, Method Validation, Investigations, Change Controls, Quality Control Testing, Stability
- Understanding of laboratory requirements, PPD and client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP, and GMP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
*Working Environment: *
/PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role: /
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
*PPD Defining Principles: * We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Organization: *US BU
Title: Senior Scientist
Requisition ID: 191853
Other Locations: US-New Jersey, US-Maryland, US-Pennsylvania
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs