Raytheon Technologies Senior Mechanical Engineer - Structural Analyst in Marlborough, Massachusetts
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, a division of Raytheon Technologies (RTX), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Raytheon Missile and Defense’s (RMD) Mechanical Product Team (MPT) leads in mechanical hardware design, support, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The Mechanical Product Team uses state-of the-art tools, processes and technology. MPT’s capabilities encompass a broad range of technical disciplines which include engineering, manufacturing, technical services, materials, processes, analysis, test and documentation.
The Mechanical Analysis and Test Department is responsible for ensuring the structural integrity of all RMD Products. From the preliminary concept to fielded weapon support, MA&T delivers innovative and robust structural analysis solutions utilizing methods ranging from classical fundamental and proprietary empirically based techniques to state-of-the-art finite element methods and commercial computer codes; all complimented and validated by tests executed in a manner to ensure cost effective yet technically balanced solutions.
Newly opened, our Global Engineering Center - Puerto Rico, is searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer - Structural Analyst to join our elite team of engineers.
The Mechanical Design Engineer - Structural Analyst in the MA&T Department has a vast set of responsibilities related to structural integrity of every mechanical part and attachment on all of the team projects.
As a member of the MA&T team, you will be responsible for detailed structural analysis to support all phases of programs including development and production. The analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Detailed structural analysis to solve diverse program challenges, including development and production, from classical hand analyses to detailed analyses requiring the use of finite element analysis software.
Responsible for performing peer reviews of all analysis to validate process and results, document results according to corporate standards.
Deliver results to customers (internal and external) and engineering leadership team.
Act as a technical leader, helping to define/refine and/or develop/support MA&T department technical processes and tools and teams.
This position can be a Senior Mechanical Engineer or Principal Mechanical Engineer, based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in General Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Applied Physics or related field from an accredited university. An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience, or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years of structural analysis experience
• Structural dynamic analysis experience using PATRAN/NASTRAN or ANSYS
• Experience correlating finite element analysis models with test data
• Utilization of finite element tools to provide classical structural analysis solutions
• Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
Must have or be capable of obtaining and maintaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
Qualifications We Value:
• Eight (8) or more years of experience in the structural analysis of complex systems that require collaboration of multiple engineering disciplines (such as a weapon system)
• Earned Value Management System knowledge
• Proficiency with engineering workstations running Windows and Office suite
• Demonstrated experience in structural testing: planning, organization, execution, data reduction and correlation
• Strong interpersonal skills, working in a team environment with positive interaction
• Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
• Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
• Experience as a technical leader and/or responsible for leading engineering teams
• Proposal development responsibility
Raytheon Technologies Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Some of our competitive benefits include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation (prorated for hire date)
• Twelve days of sick leave (prorated for hire date)
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Home and Auto, additional life insurance and group legal
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 8 free counseling sessions
• Virgin Pulse-Wellness Reward
Nothing matters more to Raytheon Technologies than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. 186695
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs